Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

rallyII's

hotrod_chevyz
11-27-2004, 06:19 PM
I have a set of rallyII wheels,15x8's.where can i find a parts number on them?Im trying to figure out what they came off of originally

MrPbody
12-15-2004, 12:33 PM
They came from Wheel Vintiques or other aftermarket supplier. The factory offered only 6" and 7" (majority) widths for the 15" wheel. The 14s had only 6" width.
If you're measuring from outside lip to outside lip, they're 7" wheels. If you're measuring from bead to bead, they're 8".

hotrod_chevyz
12-15-2004, 01:53 PM
your right,turns out they are aftermarket,and dont have any identifiable marks to speak of.You can tell the difference cause the outer rim(without the ring) is way wider than you see most places.Different offset too.I went to a tire and wheel shop where a guy had a enormous collection of the Rally II's,and I didnt find a single one like them in the entire stack.they were all way skinnier,and mostly 14 inchers.The ones i have were on my car when i got it,and i took them off and put some progressives on it.I didnt know they were sought after till i caught a glimpse of what an original one costs on ebay.Mine arent worth a dime i take it.they look just like the originals,at a glance,but dont measure the same,and they dont have numbers.i saw one on ebay go for 200 dollars,and he had like 7 buyers standin in line for it.It looked like crap too

MrPbody
12-16-2004, 12:25 PM
My understanding is they are quite well made wheels. They aren't "worthless", but not in demand to the collector market. Try putting them on the classified ad section of classicalpontiac.com or boyleworks.com/musclecars. You may find a Pontiac sicko looking for just such a set. The idea is to have a modern wheel/tire combination with "original looks". Speaking of Pontiac sickos... e-mail me about them. I MIGHT be interested for my car!

cvms@cstone.net

Add your comment to this topic!