Oil Leak

Kinzere
02-27-2002, 12:47 PM
I have a 93 Isuzu Pickup, 2.3 L 4 cylinder engine that has an oil leak that seems to be originating from a hose that protudes from the block of the engine, just above the motor mount on the left side of engine (looking from front of truck). Somewone said it was because of a defective PVC valve, but I have changed that and it still leaks.

Any ideas?

N_E_R_V_EVA01
05-28-2002, 02:29 AM
Silicone ???

lomigo
09-19-2002, 10:47 PM
also check the hose that goes form the intake to the pcv valve....make sure it is not gunked up.....the same with the intake......then seal where the oil is coming from...........................
Your pcv valve lets emissions go back to your intake to be reburned....if it cloggs up, it will cause leaks.....the preasure is cause by blowby past your rings.:flash:

lomigo
09-19-2002, 10:56 PM
i think the hose that you are talking about goes to the oil filter ...........i think..... good luck .....let me know how things work out....late

EATKFAM
05-11-2004, 09:33 PM
I have the same problem. I have a 90 isuzu, 2.3 L. There are two lines that come from the top of that unit below the intake. They both go to the gas tank and the hose that hangs on the bottom of the unit and just hangs there is actually a vacuum line. That is were the oil leak is. I'm just not sure why it is leaking oil. I checked the PVC valve and the hoses and they are fine. Any other idea's please post them. I need some help on this.

2eyefishclaw
05-14-2004, 01:48 AM
your problem id your fuel pump it is the diaphram thts busted inside of it causing an oil leak

king fish
10-27-2004, 05:44 PM
I also have the same problem on a 92 4 cylinder mine just started

harwest
03-21-2006, 06:48 PM
i have a 94 doing the same thing and i can't get any info about this problem. i ask dealer and they said they had never heard of it. they suggested fuel pump but where this part is is not close to fuel pump plus i'm not going to change pump before i know for sure because it looks like you have to take intake off to get to. cxan anyone help

mikmic2
04-06-2006, 03:12 PM
I've got a 94 Isuzu 2.3 that is doing the same exact thing. I followed that hose to the top of the fuel pump. I do have a crack in my PCV hose, but I can't imagine that is causing the oil to leak out of the hose. I have to believe as someone else said, that the fuel pump is sucking oil out of the block and it vents out that hose.

I'm going to change the fuel pump. I will let you guys know how it goes. Although I won't be able to change it until this weekend.

Add your comment to this topic!