Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Holding Sub Box In Place... ?

jmgladden
02-27-2002, 10:49 AM
For those of you with a sub box in the trunk, what have you done to keep it in place? Mine moves around a bit, even with the rubber feet on the bottom. I want to sort of "tie" it down somehow, but can't think of anything. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks.

SkylinesKillAll
02-27-2002, 11:49 AM
get another box :D thats what i did. i could get L shaoed hinges and screw in oneside to the floor and the other to the box. or jus to the floor if u get the width perfect

tekzilla04
02-27-2002, 12:05 PM
dont buy a new box, unles the one you have doesnt meet the correct specs of the sub your currently own, what we used to do in the stereo shop i worked in was take metal backstrap, that cheap bendy shit, not the kind they give you with your stereo, although if you can find two pieces long enough it would be good, but id use those things and just kinda screw it into maybe the back dash, remove your seat and sorta tuck it in under the back deck and itll stick good and wont rip apart or anything... ill show pics soon as i get my digital camera

peas

babir

SkylinesKillAll
02-27-2002, 01:57 PM
by another box i mean a box with 2 more subs in it. i have 4 subs total in 2 boxes

P11GT
02-28-2002, 07:38 PM
or use Velcro on the underside. just use the hook part, you can buy it self adhesive but as youre most likely to be fitting it onto carpet, just use a staple gun to attach.

NismoG20
03-01-2002, 11:50 AM
i have mine tied down by L brakets

Morpheus XIII
03-01-2002, 11:58 AM
I think the cleanest method I've seen for mounting a box is latching it to a rear strut tower brace. I don't know if this will affect handling, but it keeps it neat and tidy back there.

CanadianG
03-02-2002, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by NismoG20
i have mine tied down by L brakets

I had mine done this way too. Just anchor it into your tire cover and ur good to go

CanadianG
03-02-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by SkylinesKillAll
get another box :D thats what i did. i could get L shaoed hinges and screw in oneside to the floor and the other to the box. or jus to the floor if u get the width perfect

Same here!!

Add your comment to this topic!