Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Oil leak....NEED help!!!

chairfan
11-26-2004, 03:32 AM
I have a 95 Eagle Talon ESI and I need some help resolving my oil leak problem here.
If you run my car hard it will leak and if you take it easy it holds oil rather well. But lately it's been getting worse. Yesterday I changed my oil, oil filter and as well as valve cover gasket today. But there is still a leak coming from underneath the car, about a drop every 10 seconds. I checked my oil filter for leaks and it was fine. There is nothing else wrong with the car just an oil leak... So where might this oil be coming from, or what do you suggest I do to find out?

riff22
11-26-2004, 09:38 AM
might be the gasket on your oil pan. or check your drain bolt make sure its tight.

chairfan
11-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Do I have to pull the motor to change it?

scottsee
11-26-2004, 03:37 PM
no.

chairfan
11-26-2004, 05:05 PM
There is a crossmember that the oil pan rests on how do I go about taking care of that?

coolguycooz
12-02-2004, 11:12 PM
I dont think you need to remove the cross member to replace it do you? You can just unscrew it and slide it out but if you have to remove it. Take a block of wood put it under the oil pan and jack it up to where you can feel that the jack is holding some of the weight. Then just take off the crossmember. I dont recommend doing it this way if you have a turbo because of the CW issue. The whole bending/denting your oil pan thing. Not sure if it will in the haynes manual it says to do the block thing.

Add your comment to this topic!