Passat fuse location

ksm1213
11-25-2004, 05:14 PM
Hi ,
would anyone tell me where i can find the fuse box for my 95 VR6 passat ? i want to check if ABS fuse is ok but find no such manual available in book stores.

many thanks

Matimus
11-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Hi ,
would anyone tell me where i can find the fuse box for my 95 VR6 passat ? i want to check if ABS fuse is ok but find no such manual available in book stores.

many thanks

The fuse panel is located on the underside of the dash above your left knee while seated in the Driver's seat ..... provided you don't have a RH Drive version. The ABS fuse should be a 15 Amp fuse located in position #4 from the left. According to my owners manual, it looks like it is shared with the rear window wiper and washer on a wagon.

I got my shop manuals on E-Bay for $150 versus $400 at the dealer. You may also want to search E-Bay for the Owners Manual as that contains the fuse info also.

ksm1213
11-29-2004, 12:22 PM
thanks very much , will let you know if i'm successful.

ksm1213
12-06-2004, 12:52 PM
thanks very much , will let you know if i'm successful.
Hi Martimus,

i found the fuse and took it out but funny that the ABS light still works!!
reason i need to check is ABS light came on and i wonder if it has something to do with fuse.

any idea ?

Matimus
12-06-2004, 01:50 PM
I have had the ABS light come on randomly, twice. For now, it is off and stays off when it should. The fuse probably isn't the problem.

Check down through the first 3 or 4 pages of the forum carefully, and you will find descriptions of the ABS Warning Light linked to the ignition switch. It seems to be fixed by jiggling the key to replacing the switch!

The other thing to check out is: Is the ABS working? Find a nice snowy/icy spot or sand and hit the brakes at speed. The brake pedal should pulse telling you the ABS is OK. If the VW spins out, it Ain't workin'!

LazarusVW
03-12-2005, 01:16 PM
Once you find the fuse box, you have the layout of the fuses on the door in German and ENglish. For some reason, the fuse locations are REVERSED and what should be say, the 4th from the left is the 4th from the right. You can check this by checking the amperage rating of the fuse in your manual to the one that is located where the door chart says it is. If you do a few and they don't match up, REVERSE it and try it again, they will match this time!
LazarusVW

ksm1213
03-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Once you find the fuse box, you have the layout of the fuses on the door in German and ENglish. For some reason, the fuse locations are REVERSED and what should be say, the 4th from the left is the 4th from the right. You can check this by checking the amperage rating of the fuse in your manual to the one that is located where the door chart says it is. If you do a few and they don't match up, REVERSE it and try it again, they will match this time!
LazarusVW

yes, thankyou both.
its from left to tight and it helps me find out the rear light fuse has blown too. cheers.
but now the fan direction selector cannot turn to "head only"( most top right position) , but can be turned to windscreen , leg+head.

any clues?

Add your comment to this topic!