Bright Low Beams

lk2064
11-25-2004, 09:32 AM
anybody else here ever get alot of people flashing you at night time with your low beams on,cause the other person thinks its your hi beams, man everytime i go out at night its like every little pack of cars i go by, at least one of the cars flashes there hi beams at me, so i do what anybody would do and stick'em with the real hi beams, but i was just wondering if anybody else has noticed this, its not just one or two cars here and there, its, no word of a lie, like evey other car that goes bye.

nj40fan
12-10-2004, 01:59 PM
anybody else here ever get alot of people flashing you at night time with your low beams on,cause the other person thinks its your hi beams, man everytime i go out at night its like every little pack of cars i go by, at least one of the cars flashes there hi beams at me, so i do what anybody would do and stick'em with the real hi beams, but i was just wondering if anybody else has noticed this, its not just one or two cars here and there, its, no word of a lie, like evey other car that goes bye.

I have the same problem. I have been meaning to adjust them myself.

J-Ri
12-11-2004, 04:47 PM
Just wondering, is there a big difference between low and high beams?

If you want them dimmer, just put a resistor in the circuit.

lk2064
12-11-2004, 08:00 PM
its not that i want them dimmer, but i think the cars comin head on with me do, i get flashed so much i have to keep my hand on the high beam lever all the time so i can flash people back to show them its not really my high beams, just really bright low beams. anyway i was just wondering if anybody had the same prob.

waynem451
01-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Yeah I was going down to the So Cal desert for some dirt bike riding and with two motorcycles in the back and I was getting blinked by every other car. Just get a Torx head screw driver and re-adjust the aiming of the lights. It's easier than taking it in to the dealer. It takes about 30 seconds per lamp.

Philo
03-11-2005, 11:27 AM
The bulbs are bright, and the lenses are large. Combined with the height of the truck, it does give some drivers fits. I just lowered my lights slightly, then went out on the road to see if they were still OK as far as giving me adequate lighting distance down the road. They seem OK, and the brights still give very good distance, so now I will see how they work in traffic the next time I'm out at night.

One thing I noticed is that the driver's side light shines directly into most cars that are passing by, and that at some point you can actually see the drivers face even in complete darkness. So the lights are not only bright but have a wide pattern, and maybe should be aimed a little to the right. Or, maybe lowering the drivers side light a little would help.

Add your comment to this topic!