Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Supermoto update

TEXAS-HOTROD
11-23-2004, 11:30 PM
I posted a question a while back, getting input on color suggestions for my Supermotard project.
The main theme was black and red, I decided to use red for the engine/frame. I almost think I should have used black.

The bike is in it's final stages, but still lacking some parts that have a lot to do w/the way it looks.
The lighting was bad with the use of a bright flash. It actually looks better than what the pics show.
I'll have some better pics taken and some vids posted when it's up and running.

Thanks,
---TEX---

http://www.bartonekdragracing.com/gene_xl600.html

RoostRider
11-28-2004, 10:51 PM
You're turning an XR into a SuperMotard bike? Better than watching I'd say!!

Do you have amatuer SuperMotard where you live?

If so, where do you live?

good luck with it all... I'd love to see a bike like that kick some newb with a sweet rides butt!!

TEXAS-HOTROD
11-29-2004, 08:40 PM
Actually, it was (is) an XL600. I wanted something that I could use on the streets, as well as some blasts out in the country. We have miles and miles of dirt back roads around here, so I didn't want to be limited to just off-road riding, or strictly street cruising.
I wanted to come up with the ultimate street toy that would perform as well as it looks. There's dudes here that have their MX bikes and others that have cruisers and sport bikes (all mostly stock), but nothing like what I am building. My personal projects end up being eunique (click on the link, point to "cool rides", point/ click on my Biscayne and jet ski). It will stand out in a parking lot full of bikes, that's for sure.

I live in a small town South of San Antonio TX. There's a place up the highway that has a great, nationally-known MX track, but nothing here for Super Moto. Drag racing is popular in these parts. Maybe I'll drag it some time and see what it does in the 1/4 mile, but I'll have to do it on one wheel to make it fun.
Once it's up and running and all the bugs worked out, I'll post some wheelie vids.

Thanks for the interest,
TEX

RoostRider
11-30-2004, 01:30 AM
Right on, I hope you can find a decent place to race it soon. I love unique rides, this one just about takes the cake!!

Add your comment to this topic!