Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

do your research

realz1
11-22-2004, 12:13 PM
Ok, ive done all the research and all the test drives for both cars before I purchased my g35 coupe, and let me tell you from a personal standpoint, like a lot of you say, its all about personal preference. Living in the Cali Bay Area, ricers are a dime-a-dozen here with every kid having a 2-fast-2-furious complex. (being a former ricer pre-fast&furious in the early 90's) and basically, mommy and daddy buying whatever car they want (for those of you who BOUGHT their car, props!). All i know in my area is kids thinking they are cool cuz they can quarter fast, but cant freeway run for shhhhh! When I got the job i got, making a very good income, I had to stear away from ricers, cuz it was getting to expensive for fix-it tix, blown cv boots, replacement axles, not to mention mods up the a$$ that really have no significance for owning your car in the long run (besides, asian kid + ricer = easy ticket! you feel me). I got the g35 coupe purely for style. I have eyed the car since its concept days in Japan, and wanted one ever since. I love the z series, so i aint a car hater, but I'm hating on certain Z drivers out there who think they are the better car. There really is no better car when you look at the facts. Both the Z and the G have decent HP (Z has 7 more) BUT the G has a better torque/HP ratio which, for you who know your engines, is where the catch is, being that the closer the ratio, the better the performance. The G gave me a more mature feeling while the Z comes across as a ricer. And when it came to the streets, I got no funk from other g35 drivers, but I have received plenty of heat from Z drivers. So seems to me that the Z community seem to be in the state of racer-nirvana while the G35's have been more laid back. I dunno. Its stupid, and I got my G to steer away from ricers like that. I let them fly away and I just enjoy saving myself GAS! Suckas! Anyways, to go further into my research, Infiniti has a more difficult financing program for those of you credit-impared. But, the warranty is better on the Infiniti (ie 7 year 70000 vs 5 year 50000 powertrain), the dealerships are more mature and they give you a g35 to drive while they service your g35, the RESALE value is MUCH higher than the Z, the trade-in's are higher for the Z than the G (meaning people are trading their Z's for G's than vice-versa). This is not fabricated, do your research. (1 year of research, check out Car and Driver) Plus, the g35, 2x car of the year! Best in class for 2004! You cant go wrong. Dont assume you know the facts, find out for yourself before you talk. it goes beyond websites and forums. Go to the dealerships. Performance, price and whos faster is small talk compared to how you can finance, whats your coverage and warranty etc. But like i said, preference. It boils down to style. BUT WE ALL ARE NISSAN HERE, SO FOR ALL YOU HATERS REMEMBER, ITS THE SAME FAMILY. STICK TOGETHER AND STOP THE STREET HATE. BE SAFE AND SAVE THE RACING FOR THE PROS. peace.

VQuick
11-22-2004, 07:32 PM
Who on earth are you talking to?

Zgringo
11-22-2004, 10:39 PM
I think he's just venting. I kinda understand where's coming from.

k3smostwanted
11-23-2004, 01:02 AM
well...since this thread is serves no purpose, i thought i would make a few off-topic comments while i have the chance.

zgringo, in your signature pic. the z32 guage cluster goes up to 180...did some come stock like this or is that something you had re-done for your Z's? wouldnt the whole system need to be re-configured?

Zgringo
11-23-2004, 01:10 AM
well...since this thread is serves no purpose, i thought i would make a few off-topic comments while i have the chance.

zgringo, in your signature pic. the z32 guage cluster goes up to 180...did some come stock like this or is that something you had re-done for your Z's? wouldnt the whole system need to be re-configured?

I've got 3 Zed32's 1 came like this and the other 2 go to160 MPH. So I don't know.

k3smostwanted
11-23-2004, 01:32 AM
i see 175 isnt too nice on the old heat guage there.

Zgringo
11-23-2004, 09:27 AM
i see 175 isnt too nice on the old heat guage there.

It was 120F that day and i've changed my bottom rad hose now to keep it from collapsing and restricting water to the engine.

k3smostwanted
11-23-2004, 07:15 PM
yeah...i was thinking about buying the aluminum lower radiator piping to keep that from happening when i get my TT engine. if i get it that is.

Zgringo
11-23-2004, 09:52 PM
yeah...i was thinking about buying the aluminum lower radiator piping to keep that from happening when i get my TT engine. if i get it that is.

K i got a chrome plated drain pipe kit for bathroom sinks and used that. Muich cheaper and works fine, and looks good.

Broke_as_****
11-23-2004, 10:26 PM
K i got a chrome plated drain pipe kit for bathroom sinks and used that. Muich cheaper and works fine, and looks good.

Amen. Stillen wants $130 for their radiator pipe. WTF is up with that? Its a damn L pipe.

Anyway, is the 180 mph speedo Z originally a US car?

Zgringo
11-23-2004, 11:04 PM
Amen. Stillen wants $130 for their radiator pipe. WTF is up with that? Its a damn L pipe.

Anyway, is the 180 mph speedo Z originally a US car?

Whats the Stillen name worth? Drain pipes are much cheaper, I think $2.95, but it doesn't include the Stillen box.:screwy:

My title shows the first owner and the first title was given on a OEM from Nissan so I assume it was a standard or optional thing for US cars. Fuck, your asking the wrong person. Someone out there should know, I just found out the other day they made a rag top. Didn't know that. I do know they made some different engined Zed32 for the special racers, as I've seen a few of them. I know there making 12 (so I'm told, and I've seen 6) VK45DE powered 350Z's. I think there the standard VK45 engines but they might be the A35, so don't take that to the bank yet.

k3smostwanted
11-24-2004, 01:21 AM
yeah stillen is way over priced, for the most part. i seen a lower radiator pipe kit somewhere for like $40. but your idea sounds better.

that is interesting about the z32 speedo and the 350z V engines. i didnt know that stuff. anybody got anymore info too add about this type of thing???

Zgringo
11-24-2004, 01:59 AM
yeah stillen is way over priced, for the most part. i seen a lower radiator pipe kit somewhere for like $40. but your idea sounds better.

Well if anybody wants a lower radiator pipe kit, i'd be more than happy to sell them one for $40 and i'll pay the postage, and laugh all the way to the bank.

Like the Stillen $595 headers. You can get just as good ones and made out of SS just like his for $179 on eBay. Them boxes must cost alot.

What the hell you doing over here anyways? You spying on me?

Add your comment to this topic!