Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No Km/Hr display on 2003 Sl500

habbass
11-21-2004, 08:47 PM
I have a 2003 Sl500 which does not give me the option to display my mileage and speed in Km/Hr on the electronic instrument cluster. This was not a problem until I went to Canada and realized also that the NAV system does not work in Canada even with the Canadian disk inserted. It displays the maps and my location on the maps but does not give me guidance and says "unable to calculate route". Does anyone else have this problem? Any idea where the problem is? My dealer says the car is working perfect and not all options in the manual are actually there.

LovinSL600
11-24-2004, 08:56 AM
I have a 2003 Sl500 which does not give me the option to display my mileage and speed in Km/Hr on the electronic instrument cluster. This was not a problem until I went to Canada and realized also that the NAV system does not work in Canada even with the Canadian disk inserted. It displays the maps and my location on the maps but does not give me guidance and says "unable to calculate route". Does anyone else have this problem? Any idea where the problem is? My dealer says the car is working perfect and not all options in the manual are actually there.

While I by no means claim to be an expert on non-American cars, I can not believe Mercedes Benz would not give, anywhere in the world, the option of Km/Hr.

I would ask for the number of the Mercedes corporate headquarters in the country where you are located and ask their customer care people.

habbass
11-24-2004, 09:40 PM
I am in the USA! I think they are feeding me a bunch of crap. Any 2003 USA SL cars do not have the km/hr option?

Add your comment to this topic!