Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

carbon kevlar decal

91p10nizmo
11-20-2004, 03:50 PM
Hi
I brought a sheet of carbon kevlar decal because i didnt read the label right and thought it was carbon fibre. I was just wondering what i can use it for? on what body parts.

thanks Nathan

SchuberT
11-20-2004, 04:05 PM
Carbon kevlar is often used on the back of the seats in rally cars (or racing seats in general). That's all I've seen it used on though.

nis.k.a.
11-20-2004, 04:32 PM
You can use it as an alternative to regular CF. Carbon Kevlar is also lightweight but much stronger than regular CF. They use Kevlar in bulletproof vests.

I've seen carbon kevlar intake ducts , seats etc.

freakray
11-20-2004, 04:33 PM
I've seen C/K used on brake cooling ducts, air intake ducts, engine shrouds, fuel cells, body panels, for that matter, just about as many places as I've seen C/F in use.

proosen
11-21-2004, 05:16 AM
The kevlar is added as a extra safety precautions. The actual strength is in the carbon, but this material is very rigid and has little "give" in it. If the carbon breaks the kevlar holds everything together much like a laminated windsheild. The kevlar does infact not add any strenght to the laminate.

Niclas

RallyRaider
11-21-2004, 03:34 PM
Not something you see on road cars very much but it has many application such as those listed above on race and rally cars.

Add your comment to this topic!