Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Windshield wipers jitter

swipter
11-19-2004, 08:26 PM
On my 98 Lesabre the wipers bounce across the windshield on the way down. The blades are new and are not the problem. They both jump in tandem. It is REALLY annoying so I resorted to Rainex. I am thinking the wiper motor might be getting weak. Any other suggestions or am I on the right track? Is there any way to test this?

Thanks

chupie
11-20-2004, 07:25 AM
On my 98 Lesabre the wipers bounce across the windshield on the way down. The blades are new and are not the problem. They both jump in tandem. It is REALLY annoying so I resorted to Rainex. I am thinking the wiper motor might be getting weak. Any other suggestions or am I on the right track? Is there any way to test this?

Thanks

I had the same problem on another car, changed wiper blade refill about three time an had the same problem still. then i noticed a lot of play right where the wiper swivals on the arm. so i replaced the wipers complete not just the rubber part that meet the windsheld, in other words I replaced the whole wiper both of them (this is the part that swivals on the wiper arm paid about $12.00 at auto zone for both wipers with new blades already installed an i put them on the same wiper arms and they worked like when the car was new and it's been about a year now.
hope this helps you

swipter
11-20-2004, 02:49 PM
Tried that, to no avail. That is what I did this time.

Lasota
11-21-2004, 09:01 AM
Does it happen in all wiper modes, low speed, high and intermittent cycle. Does you car have the rain sensing option.

swipter
11-21-2004, 11:52 AM
It happens in all modes. I use high because it isn't as bad but still there. It does not have the rain sensor on it.

Add your comment to this topic!