Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I killed Bambi

superfuel19
06-12-2001, 12:34 AM
<sniffle> I was on my haome from a party and i hit a deer. I feel so bad. I'm a nice girl... I don't like to hurt things. I shoulda been payin mroe attention. My lil Acura is not pleased. its smoking, the headlight is busted, and my hood is all popped up and rough looking. Since I've had that car, I've 1) somehow broken the air conditioner, 2) busted my windsheild (won't mention how tha thappened) 3) gotten a flat tire, 4) hit a freaking deer. I've had that car for, oh, i don't know... about FOUR MONTHS. <sigh> poor Acura. Poor DEER! I feel so bad. I just felt bad and had to vent. i realy like deer and I didn't mean to hurt it. <sniffle> I'm so bad.

DVSNCYNIKL
06-12-2001, 07:42 AM
Deer taste real good with BBQ sauce. I've never really tried it though. Some people would actually use a gun to kill deer, however, your way seems just as effective.:D

primera man
06-12-2001, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by DVSNCYNIKL
Deer taste real good with BBQ sauce. I've never really tried it though. Some people would actually use a gun to kill deer, however, your way seems just as effective.:D

DVS.......IM REALLY STARTING TO WORRY ABOUT YOU DUDE !!!!!! !!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DVSNCYNIKL
06-12-2001, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by primera man

DVS.......IM REALLY STARTING TO WORRY ABOUT YOU DUDE !!!!!! !!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DROP THAT CHALUPA!!!

http://www.zing.com/picture/pd7bc6d91bfee6c2c6823fbffeae3545c/fe6b9289.gif

primera man
06-12-2001, 07:59 AM
:D :D :D ....LMAO

JD@af
06-12-2001, 06:37 PM
GEEZ!!! Way to make a girl feel better... (please note my sarcastic tone here :D )

superfuel19, not to worry, you are just going through a period of shitty luck with your Teg. It WILL pass. Keep your chin up :)

GOD
06-12-2001, 10:42 PM
aww.......its ok tha teg will be alright ...just as long as ur not hurt ;) I'm sure the insurance will cover it all and hell u can get a new carbon fiber hood or something . And dvs .....is just a NUT case dont worry about him he's got some mental illness . But i'm sure tha teg will be up and running soon .....;)

superfuel19
06-12-2001, 11:11 PM
there is stuff leaking from under my car and I just found out its my radiator. is that gonna be a bitch to fix or anything? Is my lil Acura hurt really bad?

GOD
06-13-2001, 06:51 AM
i had that happen to me one time with my accord i ran over a big ass tire on the road in the middle of the nite . I think it was one of those big 18 wheeler trucks and it messed up my whole front bumper and it tore my radiator apart . How long did u drive it with out the antifreeze ? and did u notice that the temp of the engine sky rocketed to HOT ? Ur definitly gonna have to take it in to the shop and did u tell ur insurance ? B/c its gonna be over a thousand dollars worth of damage :(

primera man
06-13-2001, 07:39 AM
Listen to what GOD has said and get it fixed before you overheat the motor if you haven't already.
Make sure the leak is not to bad if you have to drive it to a repair shop.
Fill it before you leave and dont go to far and keep a eye on the gauge.
If it is to bad you can buy a can of radiator stop leak and add it to the water which should stop the leak so you can at least drive it to a shop for repair.

DVSNCYNIKL
06-13-2001, 08:39 AM
Listen to what GOD has said and get it fixed before you overheat the motor if you haven't already.
Make sure the leak is not to bad if you have to drive it to a repair shop.
Fill it before you leave and dont go to far and keep a eye on the gauge.
If it is to bad you can buy a can of radiator stop leak and add it to the water which should stop the leak so you can at least drive it to a shop for repair.

Did you know that marriage is the leading cause for divorce?:huh:

primera man
06-13-2001, 08:43 AM
I do now !!!!!

DVSNCYNIKL
06-13-2001, 08:59 AM
I do now !!!!!

Guess I told you too late huh?:D

primera man
06-13-2001, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by DVSNCYNIKL

Guess I told you too late huh?:D

About 10 years to late !!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DVSNCYNIKL
06-13-2001, 09:12 AM

About 10 years to late !!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Poor soul, you didn't even stand a chance!:(

There's always strip clubs to make it all better!!!:D :D

superfuel19
06-13-2001, 10:33 AM
Luckily I hit the deer when i was just a little over a mile from my house so I didn't have far to drive, and since then, lil Acura has been sleeping in the garage and I don't plan on driving it anywhere. The insurance guy is coming out sometime between now and Friday. I wish he'd come sooner. My car has green deer guts all over and its really starting to smell.

DVSNCYNIKL
06-13-2001, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by superfuel19
My car has green deer guts all over and its really starting to smell.

Are you sure that's a deer you hit? I was going to say wash the car but then again you might need evidence.:D

primera man
06-13-2001, 04:29 PM

My car has green deer guts all over and its really starting to smell.

YUK :eek: :eek:

JD@af
06-13-2001, 05:51 PM
New radiator with work is not all that bad. And as for the overheating, a couple moderate overheats are not the end of the world. Obviously, the less you do it, the better off your car will be. Get it taken care of ASAP.

Nacho169
06-14-2001, 12:22 AM
If you screwed up the front end AND the radiator, just get a Jap-spec front end conversion done. Should cost the same as fixing the damage (if its not totaled). Good luck w/ all that stuff.

superfuel19
06-14-2001, 12:04 PM
$2650 in damages. It was like "whoa." The cool thing is, I'd broken my air and windsheild before I hit the deer, of course, hehe, insurance doesn't know that and I get it ALL fixed! ps- there is no sign of Bambi on the road where I hit it, so maybe it just scampered off uninjured.

DVSNCYNIKL
06-14-2001, 12:27 PM
Or maybe someone saw what happened and got to "Bambi" before you did. Yummy!!:D

j/k:D :D

GOD
06-14-2001, 05:07 PM
yeah i think u can get a JDM front end conv they cost around $2100 .... kinda expensive but still it would be worth it and get the lights and stuff too . Hey if u can take some pics of ur car now b/c i wanna see what it looks like if thats possible . Thanks

JD@af
06-15-2001, 06:37 AM
That's not a bad idea with the JDM front. I personally like the version that we received here in the States, but I think the JDM front looks bad-ass as well. Besides, think how many other people have them here (maybe there's a handful of them out on the West coast, but here in the northeast, I have never seen a Teg with the JDM front).

superfuel19
06-15-2001, 08:42 AM
I'm tryin to figure out how to post pics on here, but it may take me a while. And what is this JDM thing ya'll are talking about?

DVSNCYNIKL
06-15-2001, 08:47 AM
I'm tryin to figure out how to post pics on here, but it may take me a while. And what is this JDM thing ya'll are talking about?

JDM = Japanes Domestic Manufacturer or something like that. It's a japanese version meaning not US version of your car. They share pretty much the same internals, so you can put the front end of that car on yours. You just have to import it or see who in the US has them.

As for posting the pics, you need to host them on a site. I use Zing (http://www.zing.com) , which does real nice. They have an easy to use upload system, and they are pretty reliable. Once you get them there, all you need to do is copy the url of the pic, press the IMG button at the top of where you type in your post. Copy the url in there(you might have to delete the first http that pops up automatically), then press okay. Once you post the pic, it should show in your post.

JD@af
06-15-2001, 11:59 AM
In case you're not familiar with the looks of the JDM front Integra, check out the picture of the car in this link (if anyone has any better pictures of the JDM Integra, please post them here):

http://kingmotorsports.com/products/mugen/integra/

Sorry, the King Motorposrts web site does not allow you to direct link the picture over to here.

silvia_s13_240sx
01-17-2004, 07:55 PM
So if u find the BAMBI i would like to see the rest of it and if it's in good con. i want the rest of it!
:)

KrNxRaCer00
01-17-2004, 08:35 PM
plz don't bring up threads that are over a month old. this is over 2 1/2 years old and has been dead forever. i understand that ur a newb, so jus saying to keep from this happening again.

btw welcome to af :wave:

Add your comment to this topic!