Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

boa remote start

katkat
11-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Can anyone help me with my boa remote start? It was installed by an expert in my car, everything was connected properly, we tried to start it using the remote for a couple of times but it didnt worked, then all of a sudden, we dont know what we did, when we start it using the remote it worked. We decided that we need the parking light in order for me to know that it is on already and after connecting that and trying to program it again, it wont start anymore. We checked all of the connections again but still, its not working. Pls anybody help.

ponchonutty
11-21-2004, 08:37 AM
What year Rodeo? Also, is the system set up to start when you press the remote start button once or twice? If you press it in the wrong way, it will not start. Read through the manual again. Also, you said a professional installed it, why can't they figure it out?

katkat
11-22-2004, 09:33 PM
all he know is the installation, he dont know about the module itself, he cant figure whats wrong with the module but hes absolutely sure the he connected the wires properly. What seems to be the problem with it?

ponchonutty
11-24-2004, 05:10 PM
Tell me what year car. Also, when you try to RS the car does the car turn over or do anything? How many times are you pressing the remote? My guess is a bad ground(s) or they did something like not grounding out the black/white wire or did ground the gray wire on the RS unit.

He doesn't sound like a professional installer of RS if he can't diagnose it. Anyone can install one, it the professionals that can trace a problem and fix it.

Add your comment to this topic!