Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

another dual battery question.

lucki17
11-19-2004, 12:17 AM
so i plan on haveing a really draining system in my car and was just wondering about adding another battery to my car.

first, if i stick 2 batterys in the trunk wont it make the subs and amp have feedback?

second,do i run the amp and subs off one battery and the rest of the car/audio off the other?

third, is it fairly easy to do, or should i just have professionals do it? (i hope i can do it myself, dosent seem too hard)

thanks for any help you can give me, im a newbie at car audio.

sr20de4evr
11-19-2004, 12:20 AM
feedback? um, no....why would you have feedback?

And you can have your amps, etc wired off of whichever batt you want, the batteries will be connected together so the draw comes from both of them either way. Maybe people will put an isolator between the batteries though so you can run the system with the car off as long as you want, then when the secondary battery dies you can still start the car off the main battery without a problem, then let the alternator recharge the secondary battery.

It should be fairly easy to do, depends on how complex you decide to go with an isolator.

lucki17
11-21-2004, 12:48 AM
cool thanks, i think that answered all my qustions, what all do i need to do this? where can i find it?

Add your comment to this topic!