Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My Eclipse Wont Start

RynasClipse
11-18-2004, 01:37 PM
Well I have had a major headache with my 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS. I bought the car an hour away and right after the warrenty went up so did the head gasket. I bought another car so the boyfriend could replace my gaskets- it only took 6-months to motivate him. So now the engine has been pulled and all gaskets replaced, timing belt, spark plugs, you name it has been done. So we go to start for the first time in a month (that is how long it all has taken) and nothing, just click, click, click when it is in the "ON" position, not even making it to the "START" position. So we bought a new starter and starter relay, same problem. The Fuel Pump is not kicking on. The Boyfriend is REAL defensive and says he has checked wiring 6 times now. Does not know where fuel pump relay is and no one wants to offer this information- could it be this? Is there a kill switch in these cars, like under the dash? Any help I can get I need! I am paying on 2 cars right now and one does not even run. It is very frustrating. I heard that there is a switch you click on and off when your car is like towed or whatever and it has been on jacks and so forth- could this be the problem and if so where is location of switch? For Fuel Pump relay, which box is correct one? There are 3 under hood on firewall- the one closest to the center of the car is stuck, the one in the middle is black and the last one is stuck as well- does anyone have a diagram?
I appreciate any help you can offer, I am desparate and no one at the dealerships or automotive places seems to know or want to help with my situation!
Thanks
Kelley

scottsee
11-23-2004, 02:18 PM
this might help. it might not be the problem, but its worth a glimpse.

http://members.shaw.ca/dsm.1000q/Engineprimer/2G/fuelpumptestconn.htm

ksalas
12-03-2004, 10:46 AM
Well I have had a major headache with my 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS. I bought the car an hour away and right after the warrenty went up so did the head gasket. I bought another car so the boyfriend could replace my gaskets- it only took 6-months to motivate him. So now the engine has been pulled and all gaskets replaced, timing belt, spark plugs, you name it has been done. So we go to start for the first time in a month (that is how long it all has taken) and nothing, just click, click, click when it is in the "ON" position, not even making it to the "START" position. So we bought a new starter and starter relay, same problem. The Fuel Pump is not kicking on. The Boyfriend is REAL defensive and says he has checked wiring 6 times now. Does not know where fuel pump relay is and no one wants to offer this information- could it be this? Is there a kill switch in these cars, like under the dash? Any help I can get I need! I am paying on 2 cars right now and one does not even run. It is very frustrating. I heard that there is a switch you click on and off when your car is like towed or whatever and it has been on jacks and so forth- could this be the problem and if so where is location of switch? For Fuel Pump relay, which box is correct one? There are 3 under hood on firewall- the one closest to the center of the car is stuck, the one in the middle is black and the last one is stuck as well- does anyone have a diagram?
I appreciate any help you can offer, I am desparate and no one at the dealerships or automotive places seems to know or want to help with my situation!
Thanks
Kelley

I do not know If this can help but on my Talon Tsi AWD 1990 I have a harness with a big plug on the side of the Air Compressor If this plug Is not plug correctly the car don't start, take a look on that plug If your car have In the same places the only sugesstion I can tell....

Good Luck !

Add your comment to this topic!