Page updated on 10-23-2017

1992 probe won't start looking replacement parts

mishabo
11-17-2004, 11:35 PM
hello . I have previously posted that my car will not start. I'm still having the same problem . I have recently had it checked out and the guy told me ( " that it is my coil , 'the one connected to the wires that are connected to the spark plug.{He also stated that it was not getting any fire.)
Now here is one of my question. If that is the case does' "fire mean no power? and if that is my only problem what year car can i find the same part or other part for my car. My car is a 1992 non-turbo 2.2 engin 4 cyl stick shift.????/

Kanibal
11-19-2004, 12:10 AM
the coil is not connected to your spark plugs thats the distributor the coil is connected to the(but in your case i think the coil was in the cap) distrubutor and the distributor sends current to spark plugs. your problem could be your distributor cap or your coil either way its pretty cheap to fix. iv'e done it myself plenty of times on many types of engines and its pretty much the same on all of them. and yes ive even done it on a first gen gl
has your mechanic givin you an estimate it shouldn't be much.
as far as parts for your car any 89-92 GL will do and in some cases parts can come from the gt aswell it all depends on the part you want. however if your thinking about getting a coil from a junkyard i would advise against it. mainly because just about any autoparts store will have them for your car. hope this helps cuz its hard to get answers in this forum.

mishabo
11-19-2004, 12:41 AM
hello . I have previously posted that my car will not start. I'm still having the same problem . I have recently had it checked out and the guy told me ( " that it is my coil , 'the one connected to the wires that are connected to the spark plug.{He also stated that it was not getting any fire.)
Now here is one of my question. If that is the case does' "fire mean no power? and if that is my only problem what year car can i find the same part or other part for my car. My car is a 1992 non-turbo 2.2 engin 4 cyl stick shift.????/=thank for ur response .
would u suggest buying both the distributer , wires and a a new coil?

Kanibal
11-19-2004, 07:00 PM
if you can it would be best.
but if its too costly for a whole distributor just the distributor cap may also work.

mishabo
11-22-2004, 12:49 AM
Just thought i would Post that it is Not The Coil or the distributor cap , so now im checking to see if it is the disributror . wish me luck

Kanibal
11-22-2004, 09:27 PM
good luck

Kanibal
11-22-2004, 10:09 PM
before you go out and buy a new distributor bet a wire tester. it looks like a screwdriver with a pointy end and a light inside the handle and can be found at any autoparts store for a couple of bucks. ground it to a metal part of the car and start as close to the ingition as you can get if the light goes on then power is going to that wire keep testing until the light doesn't go on. it should help you pinpoint the problem. it may be the ignition
and not the distributor.

mishabo
11-26-2004, 01:52 AM
It Was The Distributor;
And Now Im Rolling Again

Thanks To All

Add your comment to this topic!