Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1990-1991?

Samurai75007
11-15-2004, 11:32 PM
So how much would a 1990 or 1991? Mazda RX7 Turbo II go for in good condition? I am starting to look into getting one of the two years. This will be my toy car something to take to the autocross once a month. So I am looking for something good. Another question is do they have disk rears or a kit for them? Thanks.

D3rELiC
11-16-2004, 11:48 AM
So how much would a 1990 or 1991? Mazda RX7 Turbo II go for in good condition? I am starting to look into getting one of the two years. This will be my toy car something to take to the autocross once a month. So I am looking for something good. Another question is do they have disk rears or a kit for them? Thanks.

you should look for 87-89 as well
nice T2s are rare to find at decent price, and both engines, regardless of their hp difference are very similar. you can have the 87-88 engine produce as much power as the s5 for a relatively low price, way less than the price difference between s4 and s5 T2.

every FC3S has rear disk brakes.

you can also look for a swap. i'd get a base model FC3S without sunroof and a 13b-rew with a full standalone in there with a T2 drivetrain for almost half of the money you'll spend on your S5 T2. the car would be lighter and the 13b-rew engine have the capacity to produce close to 300 bhp with some tuning and emission removals.

drftk1d
11-16-2004, 07:45 PM
you can also look for a swap. i'd get a base model FC3S without sunroof and a 13b-rew with a full standalone in there with a T2 drivetrain for almost half of the money you'll spend on your S5 T2. the car would be lighter and the 13b-rew engine have the capacity to produce close to 300 bhp with some tuning and emission removals.

I'd say 13B-RE over the REW, but not a bad idea. But i definately dont think that its cheaper to buy a s4 with a re/rew conversion than buying a s5 outright. still i wouldnt mind a rew...

D3rELiC
11-16-2004, 09:30 PM
I'd say 13B-RE over the REW, but not a bad idea. But i definately dont think that its cheaper to buy a s4 with a re/rew conversion than buying a s5 outright. still i wouldnt mind a rew...

explain why you'd want a RE over a REW ?
the REW has bigger intake port but smaller exhaust ports, and you dont have to change the engines mount disposition, adapters are sold. with the same turbos, they do the same amount of power. the only downside is that you'll need a full standalone to run the engine (with a stick tranny), wich is not realy a downside because its something you'll have to eventualy buy when modding a -RE. and they are much more cheaper, front clips are sold for 1200$ us arround here. some FD owner uses the intake manifoil too. depending on your setup the configuration can be better.

and in my comparison, maybe i wasnt that clear, i was talking about buying an n/a s4 with a blown engine, swapping a -rew/T2 drivetrain in VS buying an s5 T2.

drftk1d
11-17-2004, 12:36 PM
explain why you'd want a RE over a REW ?
the REW has bigger intake port but smaller exhaust ports, and you dont have to change the engines mount disposition, adapters are sold. with the same turbos, they do the same amount of power. the only downside is that you'll need a full standalone to run the engine (with a stick tranny), wich is not realy a downside because its something you'll have to eventualy buy when modding a -RE. and they are much more cheaper, front clips are sold for 1200$ us arround here. some FD owner uses the intake manifoil too. depending on your setup the configuration can be better.

and in my comparison, maybe i wasnt that clear, i was talking about buying an n/a s4 with a blown engine, swapping a -rew/T2 drivetrain in VS buying an s5 T2.
About the front clip prices thing, at the shop i went to a few weeks ago, the front clip, the rew clip was 2300 and the re was 1700, so i dont now about the pricing thing. What im told is that the engine mounting must be changed for either engine but the re mounting is less radical. I suppose that, if your fd clips are that inexpensive, then yeah it is cheaper than a s5 turbo.

D3rELiC
11-17-2004, 05:07 PM
mount adaptors are sold for FCs on FC3S.org or something like that.

D3rELiC
12-08-2004, 03:17 PM
hey, my appologies, i've been mistaking those two engines name tag, what i meant is a cosmo engine 13b-re, sorry drftk1d (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=74296).

drftk1d
12-09-2004, 06:44 PM
yeah its ok. fuckin mazda :lol:

Samurai75007
12-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Well my plans have changed still but one thing is do you know anyone that builds the 3 and 4 rotor engines? Thanks web sites would be good.

D3rELiC
12-09-2004, 09:32 PM
Well my plans have changed still but one thing is do you know anyone that builds the 3 and 4 rotor engines? Thanks web sites would be good.

how to totaly loose your credibility in 28 words..

Samurai75007
12-09-2004, 11:20 PM
Well I have changed my plans… I was looking for a race only car; I found one in a tube frame that I have full customization on instead of only a few things on the RX-7’s. I do love the engines however but would like some thing with more power. If the engines you two are talking about give me the power I am looking for they will be fine but again plans have changed.

Add your comment to this topic!