Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

s10 radio?????

brandonthebeast
11-15-2004, 05:21 PM
ok my radio must not be hooked up right...when i push power the time will pop on...but it wont actually go to the radio, or anything...then the time will go off....does anyone know how i can fix this....????or will someone send me a diagram how everything is supposed to be hooked up from the dash...i have to hard wire everything in there...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

movin2stereo
11-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Well you need a wire diagram to make it easy.Or there is the hard way.Get a test light.Find your constant +(always on).Find your switched +(ignition).Pull your panels to find out what color your speaker wires are and who is who.I don't understand why anyone would cut the factory harness off???Aftermarket wire harness's make the job of wiring a aftermarket stereo so much easier and they don't cost much.Butchers I tell ya.

beajer44
12-13-2004, 11:06 AM
ok my radio must not be hooked up right...when i push power the time will pop on...but it wont actually go to the radio, or anything...then the time will go off....does anyone know how i can fix this....????or will someone send me a diagram how everything is supposed to be hooked up from the dash...i have to hard wire everything in there...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME
I used to repair these things for a living! Sounds like your the power swith in the front panel is bad! If your radio has two controls verticle of each other and the four preset(s) buttons and either one cassette door (bose systems have two tape doors) that model is a delco two thousand. It has been a few years but I think the part Number is something like 16014273. If you have a newer vintage, those are service only. SPECMO in Detroit or United Radio in New York.
I HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

Add your comment to this topic!