Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ignition system

imtheoneandonlyD
11-13-2004, 07:43 PM
I just bought an MSD ignition system for my truck. It says im supposed to gap the plugs at .005 instead of .010 from stock. Ive never changed my own plugs (i know sad). Is this hard to do? I figure since im buying ill install it myself so that it will save me money in the future.

Anyone else running msd ignition?? comments or feedback on it?

casper5.56
11-14-2004, 11:44 PM
changing the plugs is easy but time consuming. First, if your going to upgrade your ignition system make sure you get plug wires, plugs, rotor and cap (if your truck has ditributor). Make sure your mark all your plug wires to the plug they go to and the same to your distributor cap. If you dont mark the wires from the plugs to cap and take them off you better know the correct firing order. If you are going to replace the distributor cap and rotor, you will first have to remove the air cleaner to access to the distributor. if your careful and mark everything its easy.

imtheoneandonlyD
11-15-2004, 12:31 AM
yeah i bought it off truckperformance.com it comes with ignition coil and plugs
http://truckperformance.com/products/?productID=838194

LTJGWorth
11-15-2004, 03:53 PM
Tell us how that new ignition works out for you because I've been looking at the same thing for my 97 1500 5.9L

imtheoneandonlyD
11-15-2004, 10:13 PM
well its supposed to be here wednesday, so hopefully ill have it installed and get some pics up by wednesday night or thursday sometime.

Add your comment to this topic!