Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 GT Will not Start

Thasupa1
11-13-2004, 05:47 PM
I have a 94 gt it will turn all day but will not start. I put a new distributor on it but that did not work either. Tell me this is the ignitor coil in the distributor or not or is this even the problem. Help I am losing my mind.

Thasupa1

Austin32
11-30-2004, 05:44 PM
First of all, Im not sure how many miles it has on it but if it is above 75,000 this could be the ignition module. I had to replace my ignition module once. However if you replaced it when you changed the distributor, this would not be it. The ignition module is located inside the distributor, and it has 2 large slots that stick out the top for the computer to plug into. I hope you get the thing running. They are awesome cars when they work right. Take it easy. *WARNING*: The part is a bit expensive. It cost me $240!

I have a 94 gt it will turn all day but will not start. I put a new distributor on it but that did not work either. Tell me this is the ignitor coil in the distributor or not or is this even the problem. Help I am losing my mind.

Thasupa1

jdwoodard
12-15-2004, 04:31 PM
Is there a test procedure for the ignition module??

ejwgt
12-19-2004, 12:17 AM
You may want to check the fuel pump. Also check and make sure you have spark at the plugs. Even new distributors sometimes fail. Good Luck

invictus_92
12-20-2004, 05:34 PM
loosen the front timing belt cover... peek in... see if it is still there (in one piece) or even on properly. There isa hydrolic tensioner that keeps the belt on and it can fail around 75K-90K (between timing belt changes). Just take peek...

venom3230
01-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Hey .......this problem is usual with 93 to 94's. The igniter module is usually to blame. Those things are expensive. I priced one for 224.00. No way! So I did the next best thing and converted my distributor . There is a modification that will allow you to put a generic gm ignition module on in place of your old one. The best thing is that the part only cost me 13.99 !!!!!

Add your comment to this topic!