Page updated on 10-18-2017

Alternator/Cooling Fan Belt Despiration

CHSFH099
11-13-2004, 02:52 AM
HELP PLEASE I LOVE THIS CAR. Originally purchased with squealing noise coming from right front side. Found out on the car ride home after noticing temo gauge sky rocketing that it was the alternator belt. Got fixed then squeal continued was fed a bs answer such as sometimes new belts strech and just need to be tightned went with it dumbly a week later it snaps. Replace belt claiming that ours wasn;t good enough. Then that one squeals tightened and breaks eventually. Then they sell us on the fact that the alternator is broken bc wheel is wobbly but cannot be seen by naked eye so we go with it under the impression that it must be it bc belt was worn down and very dark belt residue all over alternator after extracted plus a new belt. Snaps again after relativly no problems and fixed again for free and now it is squealing again. Everytime i turn the heat on it squeals and battery gauge goes down to below normal but returns up seconds after heat is shut. Wondering what the hell is going on and how badly i have been jerked around.

blindfoldedhope
11-13-2004, 10:11 AM
Same thing was hapening to my car check your water pump fly wheel it might be stopping causing the belt to squeel and snap if its not that you just have to keep getting your belt titned mine squeels for like a day i tighten it and it will be good for a week then i have to do it again because the belt keeps expanding...

blindfoldedhope
11-13-2004, 10:13 AM
So really your lucky and not jerked around at all lol i luckly knew what my problem after my engine over heated and the belt snapped and i was stuck in the rain for 2 hours untill i pulled the e break and i was on a hill so i started rolling n poped the clutch lol

CHSFH099
11-13-2004, 11:28 AM
"its not that you just have to keep getting your belt titned mine squeels for like a day i tighten it and it will be good for a week then i have to do it again because the belt keeps expanding..."
R u talking about now or b4 you got it fixed and how much is this problem going to cost

blindfoldedhope
11-14-2004, 11:02 AM
I got it fixed and i also got a new timing belt it cost $500 then its squeeling now because the belt keeps expanding but my mechanic tightens it for me 4 free when ever it starts

Add your comment to this topic!