Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Is it worth it?

wmd2_108
11-12-2004, 10:08 PM
I'm looking to get a car to rebuild and a 1972 Ford Mustang has been offered to me for a little over 5k... Now the inside is torn to crap and the outside needs quite a bit of work, but the engine is fine. Would it be worth the 5k or what should I be able to get him down to...?

Thanks for your views all...
Matt

jncodave
11-13-2004, 11:44 AM
I'm looking to get a car to rebuild and a 1972 Ford Mustang has been offered to me for a little over 5k... Now the inside is torn to crap and the outside needs quite a bit of work, but the engine is fine. Would it be worth the 5k or what should I be able to get him down to...?

Thanks for your views all...
Matt

From what you described about the condition of the car, it is not worth 5k. I dont know if you want to restore the car to its original condition or if you want to customize it with a bigger engine etc. if you want to restore it to its original condition then the parts might be worth more to you, depending on how hard they are to find, but if you are replacing most of the car then its not worth 5k. I wouldnt pay more than a grand for it.

titanium_z7
11-22-2004, 02:33 AM
ya i dont think thats its worth 5k either. tyr and talk him down a bit. 1k seems to be good.

CaTasHtRoPhE 67
11-24-2004, 12:13 PM
Are you going to restore it?

If yes thin the car going to need alot of parts and your probley going to want to put a bigger engine in thin i would talk down it down alot...

Add your comment to this topic!