Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Thunderbird - Help - no start

camscram70
11-12-2004, 05:28 PM
I have a '94 Thunderbird with a 4.6L engine and the car won't start. I pulled a plug wire to see spark, but there was none. Also, I have no fuel pressure. After being told that it was the ECM, I replaced it and still no luck. Does the ECM control both fuel and spark? Is there some type of reset to be done after replacement of ths ECM? Any info would be helpful.

RickwithaTbird
11-12-2004, 11:23 PM
hey, uh, I dont know about all that but I knew somebody that went through a lot of trouble because his fuel shut off button in the trunk was pressed. I dont know if the button would even cause that, but I thought Id mention it just in case.

flewthecoupe
11-13-2004, 09:01 AM
Might want to look at the crank position sensor. If it isn't seeing a signal, the car won't start.

camscram70
11-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into the crank position sensor, it sounds like a good lead. Is it related to the fuel system, since I have no pressure? Maybe I've got more than one problem.

camscram70
11-13-2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, I did check out the fuel switch in the trunk and it was okay. I'm not giving up on it yet!

hmrtme
01-20-2005, 08:02 PM
you have 2 problems take the fuel pump out of the tank and test it with constant power if it makes noise it works if it dont its junk replace it 2 the crank sensor is a good tip also try the ignition module

totalkaoz
08-08-2005, 06:33 PM
yeah like past posts... crank position could be your problem child... u say u dont have spark... remove your Ignition Control Module.. and take it to a autoparts store and have em test it for you... its free and if thats good u might wanna check a little deeper and check your Multi-Port Juction Relay located behind your passenger side head light cant miss it

coondawg6
08-09-2005, 08:30 PM
a scanner would help in this situation

Add your comment to this topic!