Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Transmission Trouble Code Interpretation Please..

firefighterwolf
11-12-2004, 11:33 AM
2001 Ram 1500 4x4 5.9L w/ 46RE auto transmission.

trouble code: "TCC or O/D solenoid performance"

I assume this means 1 or 2 solenoids need to be replaced. ?

Can I access them from the pan or will the transmission have to come out of the truck?

How much money for the parts?

Yobunuki
11-29-2004, 01:18 AM
I have the same truck. 2001 1500 Ram 4X4. About 3 months ago I had the same problems. Could not figgre it out. Took it to the dealer and found out the Converter was fried. Cost me about 400 bucks.

Trp.B.D.C.
12-05-2004, 10:49 AM
I am curious as to what your dodge is doing? I have a 2001 Dodge and the trans recently started exper. some problems. when I go to pull out it seems that is trying to pull out in the wrong gear. It is an automatic. I took it to a trans place and they told me the govenor was bad in the transmission. Wanted $248 to replace. Haven't done that yet. Just don't know enough about them to trust their opinion. :screwy:

Yobunuki
12-06-2004, 01:25 PM
Yeah Mine was doing the same thing. I have an automatic tranny as well. When Ever I got going and it tried to shift from 1st to 2nd it felt like the tranny was slipping. I drove the truck with that error code for about 8 months before I took it to the dealer. I was trying to figgure it out myself.

When the dealer took the tranny appart the torque converter, and several other parts were fried. I still have the parts. Now they fixed what ever was causing the check engine light, but ocasionally it still feels like it slips going from 1st to 2nd.

The dealer does not know what it is and admittedly it is hard to diagnose because it is rare that it happens now, I have notice it is more likely to happen when my tranny is cold. How about you?

I am worried that what ever is causing my tranny to shift funny is going to cause it to burn up again. I think I am just going to rebuild the whole damn thing. :-

Yobunuki
12-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Well I dug out the Work order from the dealer.

" Check Engine Lighe is on, Tested and found the Trans to fail a torque converter test, Will require removal and repair. Removed and reconditioned entire trans with new seals, front clutchesm kickdown band, seals, o rings. Reconditioned the valvebody, pump drums, dervos, overdirve section. Flushed the cooler and road tested."

So that is what the dealer did to my truck to shut off the Check Engine light. I had the same error codes you were getting. I checked them myself with my own Code reader.

Add your comment to this topic!