CD Player skips

lilm111
11-11-2004, 11:43 PM
I was drivin today and i was doin about 65 when i had to stop for a light. When i was applying the brakes(kinda hard) the CD player started to skip forward. i know that a big jolt would make any cd player skip but i didnt think that it would be that sensitive. Any one else have this problem or should i just not drive fast anymore.

dead4ever
11-12-2004, 08:35 AM
I was drivin today and i was doin about 65 when i had to stop for a light. When i was applying the brakes(kinda hard) the CD player started to skip forward. i know that a big jolt would make any cd player skip but i didnt think that it would be that sensitive. Any one else have this problem or should i just not drive fast anymore.
:smokin: How does your Solara take bumps/ Mine is sort of hard-sounds like something is lose under car.Different from Camry.

lilm111
11-12-2004, 09:38 AM
mine is pretty loud if i go over anything, but that is also because i need new springs and my tires are getting very old. Also i had to redo the front brakes and i didnt do the back ones yet, could that contribute to my cd player problem?

Doing the back ones over the weekend

Ultimate X
11-12-2004, 10:36 AM
bro u should be more concerned about the car than the cd player :P

lilm111
11-12-2004, 02:46 PM
i know that i should worry about the car but there doesnt seem to be anyother kind of problem. could this be a warning sign for something else?

Dont stick your tounge out at me :P

Ultimate X
11-13-2004, 11:24 PM
i know that i should worry about the car but there doesnt seem to be anyother kind of problem.

u just said u needed tires and springs

u should take care of that before your stereo imho

lilm111
11-15-2004, 09:38 AM
well i already know that i need new tires and springs but i dont have the money for it yet. I was just wondering if this is another thing that could be wrong with it. Why would the cd skip if the tires or springs were going bad? I mean the springs are starting to go but they are not that bad. I still got a couple hundred miles on them.

I put in my brakes this weekend so maybe this will help.

Add your comment to this topic!