Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Overcooling/low heat.

Arnoldtheskier
11-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Wonderring if this would help any of you out?
Do you have a "point a shoot" temperature gauge? or a temperature gauge with a probe on it?Perhaps an ordinary temperature gauge that you KNOW is accurate that you can use?Even one of those $ oven/meat temperature gauges..don't know how low they go or how accurate they are?
If you have one of these I can probablly offer you some help.

IF you have something let me know..THEN I will get mine to operating temperature/or the temp. where I get heat.

I have a DEADLY accurate AND expensive digital temp probe with a flex shaft/cable and a stainless steel probe.I use this as a digital exhaust gas temperature probe.It reads from about -50 to about +2000 deg.

What I will do is take a reading at the top of the radiator OUTSIDE on the neck where the upper hose goes in.This will give you an indication of what kind of temp. you need THERE in order to get heat.OR if you have that temp the problem is in the heater core.
You could probablly get an immersion type sending unit and lower it in the rad..you may have to lower the level a bit..and run it..or check it when it is warm with the cap off.

L'emee know whatcha got then I'll do this for ya.

Add your comment to this topic!