Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

hesitation and loss of power with out warm up

cherry350
11-09-2004, 05:45 PM
I generally work on older American cars, but I have pretty good knowledge on some new things as well. A friend of mine has an 88 and says it has hesitation all day if he doesn't let it warm up in the morning before driving it. The funny part is, if he let's it warm up he still has the problem, but a lot less. I'm feeling like it's related somewhere with fuel, PCV, EGR, O2. I haven't done any research on this yet really, just knocking it around in my brain. He doesn't have a book so I'll have to use either Alldata or Mitchell. I just want to know if I'm on the right track or if any one has any ideas. Thanks.

tran_nsx
11-09-2004, 05:47 PM
does sound like a fuel problem. have u tried a fuel system cleaner or a new fuel filter?

cherry350
11-09-2004, 10:57 PM
I do like to start out simple and inexpensive, (at least I hope so with Acura cars) so the fuel filter was something that had crossed my mind and would change anyway since I was messing around in that department. I like to keep little things updated just for the hell of it for friends cars - and so I don't have to do it later. :) Just the whole warm up thing has me confused. It'll be this weekend before I can actually do anything with the car.

integralover
11-10-2004, 01:00 AM
that would be a good place to start. let us know if it still occurs.

Add your comment to this topic!