Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help Ford Truck New Junk

captin.kid
11-09-2004, 07:41 AM
I am going to give you a view of what has happened with this truck in the 2 months that I have owned this NEW truck.
The day after I bought the truck I took it back for a vibration in the breaks and a vibration in the wheels at 30 and 75 well as I am sure all of you know the vibration in the wheels at those speeds was the tires are out of round and well the breaks well we are still on that one I also had a vibration in the rear end. Well they told me that they had to get new tires and that the rear end was bad.

So now that they have replaced the rear end and replaced the tires and rebuilt the break system that still does not work, and now the window falls off track and I smell something burning in the truck like plastic also let me add that the keypad does not work. Now remember that this truck in Two (2) months old I bought it on August 23 2004 and it is now November 9, 2004. So what do you think that I should do??? I do appreciate all the input and I will direct FORD to look at this posting also. Let me know what you think.
Thank you,
Darin

SLICKDAVEYBOY
11-09-2004, 03:20 PM
i would look at lemon law three times to the dealer and it is considerd a lemon, i think. look in your truck owners manual it will tell you who to contact , atleast the older ones had that info

BamaDodgenMX
11-09-2004, 11:03 PM
Apparently the tire problem is a bit widespread.. A friend of mine at work just bought an '04 F150 and had the same problem.. so far he's on his second new set from the dealer.

Lot_Man
11-11-2004, 12:10 PM
I work in a dealership's service department and believe me we have some pretty pain in the ass lemons and brand new trucks with problems come through but eventually if you complain enough most dealerships will switch you into another one however this would happen long before they'd give you your money back.

captin.kid
11-11-2004, 01:17 PM
lot man The keep giveing me the run around I have asked for a new on and no go. and Ideas?

romapint
11-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Burn It!!

PigPen5150
11-11-2004, 10:55 PM
I heard about a guy doing this when Ford refused to give him a new truck because his was an obvious lemon. Maybe it's just an urban legend, but it sure sounds good.
After several attempts to fix a repeated problem with his new Ford Truck, he tried to make them buy it back, or at least trade it for another one. They just blew him off and told him tough luck. He painted the truck bright yellow and put a sign in the bed that said "I bought this lemon at (local dealer name here)." Supposedly it worked and they gave him a truck with more options than the one they refused to fix correctly. If it works, more power to him (or you). Get the dealers District Manager involved if you have to.

SLICKDAVEYBOY
11-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Ya, i know a local guy that did a similar thing, he painted lemons all over the side of the truck.I saw the truck, Also he spelled out all the probhlems he had with it. Finally he got a reimbursement, so I heard.

pind
11-12-2004, 11:38 PM
One of the local fellows here, bought one of those harley edition fords, all shiny black and useless. You know the ones. Anyway, the dealership had it on display up on a rack, and when they backed it down, the cracked the front air dam. Not a huge deal, and they did promise to repair it.

Anyway, several months come and go, he has several other issues with the truck, but this cracked airdam is the big one, in fact, its under his fingernails like a bamboo sliver.

So, after about 20 attempts to get it fixed, and no satisfaction. He gets a nice orange sticker made up, (goes with the colour scheme of the truck) It covers the entire back window. Reads " My biggest mistake was buying this truck from *********** motors" The local ford dealer.

The sticker was on 1/2 day before they wheeled it into the shop to fix the airdam. He refused to remove the sticker until he was satisfied with the work performed. What they didn't know, is he had already made a trade in deal on an 01 dodge diesel.

He took the truck right from the body shop at ford, to the dodge dealer, sticker and all, and left it there. Dodge parked it in the front of their lot with the sticker on it, until it sold.

Add your comment to this topic!