Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ARGH! this is driving me nuts!!!

Underground_Killah
11-09-2004, 12:26 AM
I'm tired of going to this area of the forum and only seeing negative things on this car!!!! My WRECKED and REBUILD PROJECT 93 J30t has 130k miles on it and runs really well and has given me some great experiances and kills on the road. I wish for once we would just post things that are positive for this car.... i've been asked why i bought such a crappy car by people who haven't even seen or read up about them, only taking assumptions from most of the posts here...

Let's join together J30 people! show them this is a good car and it's worth the look at.... sure there are small things here and there, but you'll get that with any car, let's focus more on the positive than the negative alright?

So with that said, post your stories on the greatness of the Infiniti J30 here! All years, 93-97!

carlos_knology
11-09-2004, 08:20 AM
By their very nature, internet boards topics are usually about problems. Think about all the things you use every day that work exactly as you want. How often do you seek an internet forum for that product to say, "no problems here!". It's the nature of the beast.

That being said, the J30 is a great car with a proven drivetrain. The J30 engine is nearly bullet-proof. Like most Japanese cars, if taken care of, it will take care of you.

Don't think other makes don't have their issues. I frequent a few BMW forums and it's the same in there. Most posts are about problems.

Go to a Benz board. You'll be scared to buy anything MB.

Speedy_1234
11-12-2004, 09:47 AM
Well What I like about my 94 j-30 it has good stopping power

Underground_Killah
11-12-2004, 11:50 AM
mine has some killer accelleration from a stop... and at around 120mph it feels like your only going 80... it's the perfect sleeper car

doesn't know jack
11-16-2004, 03:07 PM
I like the overall appearance of a j30. My friends all call it the "mafia mobile".

ashleywat
11-24-2004, 03:49 PM
Ive had my 94 J since 97, no major problems, the engines are bulletproof with normal preventative maintenance. Agree with Carlos, these forums are for folks with troubles. FYI Infiniti reliability rankings are near the top every year, but there are lemons with every manufacturer out there.

Tritonsmile
02-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Love my J30! few problems ....a great sleeper...bought with 100k and about to turn 171k ..nothing but oil changes plugs..tires...its quick handles great ...!

infinman
02-25-2005, 11:21 AM
Good thread.Also we need to repost if a suggestion given worked out or not.A lot of people take the time to give out info but don't always receive a thumbs up or down.
Been working on Infiniti's for 14 years and have yet to pull an engine for major repairs.Very good product. J30t,with it's HICAS steering, is an excellent highway car.

Add your comment to this topic!