Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

how to lube chassis?

JDM00CivicEX
11-08-2004, 09:41 PM
I have a 2000 Civic EX coupe, and i was wondering if there's anyway i can lube the chassis on my own? And if YES, where can i find instructions and directions to do it, and also does it make any difference lubing the chassis, because i have never done it or gotten it done before, because i do my own oil change. Thank You

BullShifter
11-10-2004, 01:16 AM
Many people tend to beleive a "sealed" type suspension does not need to be lubed. Just because there isn't grease fittings doesn't mean you can't lube it up. ALL points that move should and rubber bushings be lubed at least twice a year. One thing it doesn't show is control arm bushings, try to get them all.
http://www.binghamtonlife.com/manual/2gsm/images/91-4-2.jpg
http://www.binghamtonlife.com/manual/2gsm/images/91-4-3.jpg

JDM00CivicEX
11-10-2004, 05:59 PM
thanx alot of the help, and also what type of lube should i get?

BullShifter
11-10-2004, 10:36 PM
any type of grease will work, grease in an aresol can works best. That way you can just spray the area and get better penatration. Whatever you do DO NOT use WD40, it will only dry the rubber out over time.

Ace$nyper
11-10-2004, 10:40 PM
any type of grease will work, grease in an aresol can works best. That way you can just spray the area and get better penatration. Whatever you do DO NOT use WD40, it will only dry the rubber out over time.
hate to jack but what about poly bushings? I run them what should i do to them white litium is what i've been told to do

BullShifter
11-10-2004, 10:55 PM
You should use the grease from energy suspension or prothane but white lith. will work as well. That's what I've been using on mine for some time. If one of the poly bushings becomes noisy you should remove & clean it. Then lube with the proper grease but white lith will do it.

I'm 90% sure the ES or Prothane grease is a synthetic silicone based grease.

Amsoil has some pretty good stuff but I forget the name. Super something

Add your comment to this topic!