Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

cd skips on the fat beats yo

Civic_D16Y5
11-08-2004, 09:30 PM
ok, so when im driving down the street with my hoes, subs thumpin in the back, the cd will skip, but only when its a big beat a know? you know how some portable cd players have jog proof type of skip protection. would dynamatting help any? ive noticed that having less things in the car help a little bit

or am i screwed into jsut having to get an alpine,
i have a 100 buck jvc headunit, i know ive seen a commercial on the tv for a ring that goes around ur cd and stops it from skipping, anyone try this?

hotwheelsgt
11-08-2004, 09:33 PM
rollin with ya hoes huh? lol well the jvc could be the problem to YO

AndonD454
11-08-2004, 09:38 PM
well i dont think this is gonna help any but i have a feeling that its because your headunit is cheap. i have a sony and it skips when i go over railroad tracks, but ive never heard anyone have this complaint who has a high quality HU.. havent tried the ring thing.. that may work i dont know but i think it would be a pain in the ass.. i also doubt dynamatting would help at all because that would just clean up the sound and keep parts of your car body from rattling. Actually i think if anything it would keep a higher SPL inside your car, making the skipping worse. However, wait for some better opinions before spending money on another HU

makaveli3004
11-11-2004, 09:10 PM
i have a jvc as well and even with brand new cd's it will skip and the buttons will switch on me its very annoying

mx6rrr
11-15-2004, 01:59 AM
Buy a cd changer dedicated if your cd player can handle it, or fm mod. if not, they were build to withstand competition systems....or a good head unit should do the trick.

Haibane
11-15-2004, 11:06 AM
get something that can play mp3s so that it wont skip

hotwheelsgt
11-15-2004, 01:01 PM
mp3s dont skip? whoa thats crazy... oh crap they dont lol i have a walkman cd player that plays mp3s lol and my car plays them to but i never knew that.. thanks

mx6rrr
01-07-2005, 09:31 PM
MP3's skip dont they, or is it because of the buffer (or whatever its called...) I know mp3s wont skip if its on memory card but if its on cd???

TheSilentChamber
01-07-2005, 10:12 PM
I have a JVC and it has never skipped even when going over railroad tracks at about 65, but its not a cheep model.

bumpinstang77
01-08-2005, 01:00 AM
MP3's skip dont they, or is it because of the buffer (or whatever its called...) I know mp3s wont skip if its on memory card but if its on cd???

look at the DATE I'm suire he's found an answer by now!

RickwithaTbird
01-08-2005, 02:20 AM
I have a JVC and it has never skipped even when going over railroad tracks at about 65, but its not a cheep model.

slow down man... and what the fuck is that picture??

RickwithaTbird
01-08-2005, 02:29 AM
oh and yea dawg, holla, get that ring fo shizzle. Its like a pillow fo yo C Dizzle Plizzle. Yo bizzles and hoes will be all on your penizzle fo rizzle when yo c dizzle doesnt even skip jus a little. ONE.

bumpinstang77
01-08-2005, 03:00 AM
werd izzzzzshizzlenizzle ok im done im white!!

TheSilentChamber
01-08-2005, 03:10 AM
and what the fuck is that picture??

Heh, what do you think it is?

RickwithaTbird
01-08-2005, 04:13 AM
I have no frickin idea.. maybe a.... like.... a.... kind of.... something.... I dont know dude, wtf is it?

TheSilentChamber
01-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Its a girl (well woman, shes over 18) laying on her side with Liquid Latex poured on her. Its cropped so that only the side of her body shows, other wise I'd get in trouble for having nudity in my sig again lol.

RickwithaTbird
01-09-2005, 03:46 AM
I seeeeeeee.... I had a suspicion it was a woman, but w/o a head or arms I just couldnt be sure. actually the only thing I can make out is the hips.. the rest still doesnt make sense to me... oh well though, some things arent meant to be understood... by me... hey, off topic real quick, how do you put a pic in ur sig? I can only figure out how to put a pic in my "avatar".

TheSilentChamber
01-09-2005, 05:23 AM
take the url for the picture and put infront of it and behind it. You can host it on the forums, have to go up top and click gallery and upload it. I use photobucket.com though, its quicker and easyer to upload stuff and it doesnt put a watermark on the picture.

Add your comment to this topic!