Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

engine problems ><

o14liquid
11-08-2004, 09:00 PM
hey ya'll, i'm having some engine trouble ><

It keeps reving whenever i have it in idle and when i'm driving.

Like what it does when in idle it'd would rev up then down and up and down, constantly.

When i'm driving it does the same thing, you could hear it rev up and down.

I'm not sure whats wrong, I broke something tho whenever i took my intake manifold off. It was this plug with a green and black wire coming out of the motor. Its near the timing belt. Could that be why it does that?

I'm planning on doing an engine swap but need to fix this problem because i gotta drive the car for awhile, till i can do the swap ><

Any ideas???? please help

JDM00CivicEX
11-08-2004, 09:45 PM
i think one of the gaskets maybe leaking thats why it's doing that. when i installed a throttle body space on my civic and used a really think gasket, it was doing the exact same thing like it would just rev up and down forever, because it wasn't sealing properly, so when you removed the intake manifold, make sure you get a brand new oem gasket and see if that helps if not that try using the gasket maker tubes you can get at like autozone and pepboys and try making your own gasket.....good luck.

o14liquid
11-08-2004, 11:17 PM
oo, i completely forgot to replace it ><
i used the old worn out one :P
thanks, i'ma try to do that tomorrow and see if it works like it use to

sivic02
11-09-2004, 10:01 PM
I am not exactly sure what wire it is on your car that came loose but i know on my civic i had the same thing happen after uninstalling a performance module i forgot to reconnect one wire. It is either the throttle position sensor or the map sensor. Either way try to solder the wire or just tape it up and see if it helps. Also after you do that it might be a good idea to reset the ecu before you start it back up to clear out any codes.

o14liquid
11-12-2004, 06:26 PM
well heres what i did...

i replaced the gasket to the intake manifold and it's not doing what it was doing before.

the wire that i broke hasn't seem to affect anything but i'm not sure. i'm not too worried on it though. just need to be able to drive it for awhile till i get a new engine.

but the engine now runs fine now, thanks ^^'

JDM00CivicEX
11-13-2004, 06:05 PM
well heres what i did...

i replaced the gasket to the intake manifold and it's not doing what it was doing before.

the wire that i broke hasn't seem to affect anything but i'm not sure. i'm not too worried on it though. just need to be able to drive it for awhile till i get a new engine.

but the engine now runs fine now, thanks ^^'

no problem and congrats for getting your issue resolved.

Add your comment to this topic!