Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Transmissions Wont shift?!

StEvO337
11-08-2004, 12:19 AM
The transmission seems to not have Passing gear, 1st gear or overdrive. And it has 2nd and 3rd gear but it only stays in third gear. Sometimes in the morning on my way to work everything will work perfectly then about half of the way or 3/4 of the way there it will just stay in 3rd gear. What is wrong?

smonaldo
11-08-2004, 10:07 AM
try putting it in 4 wd hi and see if the problem goes away. My problem, similarf in nature, was the 4WD LO Transfer case control module. It was taken out by corroded wires, and then the computer was being led to believe that the vehicle was in 4wd lo, thus it was trying to compensate for the fact that I was trying to drive the vehicle at normal speeds. It seems that if you put in 4wd high, which is a seperate tranfer case, it overrode the faulty signal. I had a thorough check performed by AAmco, and they would not touch the tranny because it was their belief that the Trany was being told to go into safe mode and prevent overdrive, etc. I broke down and took it to the dealer for diagnosis and repair. Runs like it should now

BlazerLT
11-08-2004, 10:54 PM
The transmission seems to not have Passing gear, 1st gear or overdrive. And it has 2nd and 3rd gear but it only stays in third gear. Sometimes in the morning on my way to work everything will work perfectly then about half of the way or 3/4 of the way there it will just stay in 3rd gear. What is wrong?

Have you checked the fluid level in the tranny or anything?

Add your comment to this topic!