Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Update for "Car Running Like Hell"

Metal_lord
11-07-2004, 07:32 PM
The is Chris AKA Metal Lord, I recently took it uppon myself to to some work. I the car to a buddy of mine. I replaced the Spark Plugs from BOTSH Super to BOTSH Platnum 4 ($5.99 a piece), New Fuel Filter ($5), BOTSH Spark Plug Wires ($29.99), and it still did not change anything. I still have a total loss of power, my engine bucks violently at 70 MPH, will not gain any speed with the pettle all the way down. I am thinking of chopping of Catalytic Converter and replacing it with a pipe for right now. I've feel in love with the way a car sounds with straits :devil: . The fuel pressure is at 43 PSI. When I have the pettel all the way down the car STILL makes an annoying sound as if something is wrong but I cannot pinpoint what. I don't have the time to drop off the car and let it sit till some jerk wad decides it's time to get to work. But my question is. Is it Illegal or bad to run a car with no Catalytic Converter or Resonater with only a cheap AutoZone Muffler? It takes me about 1 min. to get the car upto 55! It's like the car has a total loss of power HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! :swear: :banghead:

deb0704us
11-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Sounds to me like your catalytic converter has gone bad. It's probably illegal to run without one.

Add your comment to this topic!