Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

removing front seats in chevy malibu

nipplestheclown
11-07-2004, 09:56 AM
hey, i have a 2002 chevy malibu and it is very diffcult to reach under the front seats to clean spills and dirt. I was wondering if anybody could tell me if it is practical to remove the seats and then put them back in after i've shampooed the carpet and everything cuz its really nasty under there. Will removing them be hard, it looks to me like theres just four bolts that need to be loosened.

mospeed1
11-07-2004, 02:46 PM
most seats there just the 4 bolts undo them and the seat and track will come out,there may be some wire to disconect(heated seats or a seatbelt warning wire or something) but that easy also

Markgase2000
11-14-2004, 08:13 PM
2 bolts for a malibu in the rear then push the seat forward and lift it comes right out remember to reverse this properly cus the front of the seat brace has a hook shape so the seat has to be tilted forward then lowered in the slots then tilt it back and bolt it down with the proper torque specs.

Markgase2000
11-14-2004, 08:15 PM
Aaaaaahhhh! Stupid me I forgot to mention that theres a clip wire harness under the drivers seat it controlls the motor that makes the seat raise and lower it can be uncliped when the seat is tilted forward after the 2 bolts are removed sorry about that.

DTails
11-21-2004, 11:35 AM
2 bolts for a malibu in the rear then push the seat forward and lift it comes right out remember to reverse this properly cus the front of the seat brace has a hook shape so the seat has to be tilted forward then lowered in the slots then tilt it back and bolt it down with the proper torque specs.
My friend has a malibu I had to replace his carpet because someone dropped a cigar on it. Each seat had a 2 torq's bolts in the back the front was hooked in like mark was saying. The seats arent very heavy so wiggling them around till they came out was a snap. I had a problem with the passenger seat squeeking after re-installing the seats and I cant for the life of me make it stop.

Add your comment to this topic!