Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Big Brake Options For Accord

WickedMethod
11-06-2004, 09:16 PM
I have been looking for some big brake kits for a 2002 accord, but I cant find one..I know AEM use to make one, but appereantly they stopped....

Also I was wondering if it were possible to use the stock calipers on a bigger sized rotor.

Igovert500
11-07-2004, 01:28 PM
Um, just a personal opinion here...but upgrading to a big brake system is overkill and quick way to waste 3grand...unless your car is highly modified or doing stops from 120+ to 0 on a regular basis...you have no need for a big brake upgrade.

If you want to upgrade your brakes, get better pads, possibly different rotors (cross-drilled or slotted if you so desire), bleed your brake fluid every year to get water and air out of the system, but a big brake kit is definantly overkill..
This is just my .02 take it for what it's worth, mod your car as you see fit.

WickedMethod
11-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Hey thanks.....i think yr right, i think i'm just going to do an overhual of the OE brake system....the reason i asked was becuase i just got some new rims (18's) on my car and the stock rotors look puny, not to mention the stock rotors have some rust on some parts...I've been looking at the Power Stop rotors, those seem pretty good

Add your comment to this topic!