Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

my friends 91 lx needs exhaust

monkeyboy383
11-05-2004, 12:59 AM
ok, my best friend has a 91 accord lx 4 door he'll be getting when he gets his license (very soon), and it needs a whole new exhaust system from headers to tips. he needs other stuff too, but we figure one thing at a time. what are all the exhaust parts he'll need, replacing everything? and about what would this run him for a stock system... and anyone know about how much more it would be for a mild performance system (since we're gonna be replacing it all anyway, lol). sry for asking so much, but we've searched and all we find is scattered and useless info with few prices on the parts we'll need. thanks in advance, and take a look at the post about my car's axle's too if you can

Igovert500
11-05-2004, 12:14 PM
He'll need header, cat, cat-back, muffler. If you go all aftermarket(rather than stock replacements) you could pick up 10-15hp.

If you want to save money get this:
http://www.airdynamicracing.com/shop/product.phtml?p=22

PF1-AC9093 Honda Accord 1990-1993 all $259.99/ea

Then find a highflow cat:
http://www.airdynamicracing.com/shop/product.phtml?p=198&large=1
for $50

Then take the header, cat, and muffler to an exhaust shop, and have them put them all on, and build you a custom 2.5" catback. This is the probably the cheapest aftermarket route. In total around $550 maybe. Others will tell you to go with name brands...whatever, look into them, but I don't think it makes too much of a difference.

Also where are you located. I have a 90 Accord EX that has exactly what I just described, except it doens't have a high-flow cat...still the stock one. It is a little north a Philly. I'll sell the whole exhaust REALLY REALLY cheap. PM me if you are interested.

monkeyboy383
11-05-2004, 04:20 PM
we live basically in chicago (about 20 minutes south). thanks for all the info about the aftermarket, anyone have any info about stock replacements? thanks again though, and btw... nice choice of cars with the 3000gt

Add your comment to this topic!