Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Now I am Scared!

andreah49
11-04-2004, 10:18 PM
My 95 Corsica! Blowed a head gasket. Had work done on the heads, replaced the oxygen sensor, knock sensor, plugs etc. The car starts right up, but after it gets hot it lacks power and does not want to start. As soon as it cools down it will start. My brother did the repairs, but now I had to take it to a mechanic. I am hoping that it is not a major problem that will require a ring job or another motor. I do not know if some damage was done as a result of the car getting hot. Has anyone any ideas on this or thoughts on this. I was able to drive the car to the mechanic, but it lacked power. It was quite cool today so it did not get hot. The mechanic says that the push rods may be in the wrong place. My bro seems to think that this is not so. He feels that he carefully placed them in the same place.

richtazz
11-05-2004, 03:21 PM
if the pushrods were put in wrong, it wouldn't run, as the intake and exhaust pushrods are different lengths. did you have the heads checked for warpage and/or cracks? IF not, I'd bet that is your problem. If the heads were checked, then I would look into the fuel system and see if you have good fuel pressure.

2000 Tahoe Limited
08-22-2005, 01:37 AM
did he get the timing off......sounds like the timing is advanced if it wont start after it gets hot

jsgold
08-22-2005, 09:05 AM
If I did not know you had major work done to it I would suggest looking at (1) the crank sensor, and (2) igntion module. Both will cause problems after car warms up. I do not see how push rods would cause this sort of thing. Might be worth a try before hauling it to a mechanic. I assume from replacing some of the other things you mentioned it may have had issues before the work was done. The crank sensor is pretty cheap, the igniton modlue is around 80-100 bucks.

Add your comment to this topic!