Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

hvac motor a no blow

caddy94
11-04-2004, 06:23 PM
94 sts front hvac blower motor does nothing was replaced two years ago ,anyway to check to see if it is the motor again or something else , I have checked the large maxi fuse and was o.k. ,got power at the red wire going to the motor but always has power even when climate control is turned off is this normal any help would be great . thks.

Barrie1
11-13-2004, 09:42 PM
Check the heater module by the fan in the duct work. They crack in the bottom inside and quit working. Done 2 of them recently myself.

caddy94
11-15-2004, 10:20 AM
now that I have screwed around with it ,the fan comes on but only once in awhile ,doesnt seem to matter when , like it has a mind of its own. Would this heater module cause this ,and the connecter is tight for the fan

cctx70
02-13-2005, 08:14 PM
now that I have screwed around with it ,the fan comes on but only once in awhile ,doesnt seem to matter when , like it has a mind of its own. Would this heater module cause this ,and the connecter is tight for the fan
I was wondering if you figured youre problem out. I have the same problem. I replaced the blower motor on my 95 and it works some of the time.

j4hennig
09-16-2005, 06:32 AM
Did either of you find out what was the problem? I am having the SAME exact issues with my blower motor. What have you found out?

cctx70
09-19-2005, 02:00 PM
Did either of you find out what was the problem? I am having the SAME exact issues with my blower motor. What have you found out?
My problem was a faulty ground wire. I ran a new wire to the strut tower and my problems went away. Then I sold the car.

custom-uniforms
10-15-2005, 09:06 PM
I had the same problem on my 94 STS.
The connector to the blower motor sometimes does not make the connection. Try pushing it in by hand and see if the blower goes on. If that does not work try bringing another ground to the black ground wire. After I got another blower motor from a wrecker I found out my old blower was good but the connection was bad. I put an elactic to keep it together and it works fine. Anyone want to buy a blower motor ?

Add your comment to this topic!