Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 Hemi Ram 1500 Horn Problem

treeclimber
11-04-2004, 05:34 PM
My horn must be posessed. I drive my truck all day, no problems. When I park it in the evening about 2-3 hours later the horn starts blowing. It stops when I get my keys and run out into the driveway and unlock it and press the button on the steering wheel. The only way I can keep it from happening is to take the fuse out. I'm worried it will do it some time when I'm not around to hear it. Any ideas or should I take it in for service (It only has 6000 miles on it). Thanks for any help.

PigPen5150
11-04-2004, 08:06 PM
Take it to the dealer and let them mess with it. You'll probably have to leave it for a while so they can duplicate it. Or maybe they can find something wrong using the scan tool.

BleedDodge
11-05-2004, 09:42 PM
A guy in the Durango forums had this same problem. Turns out he had ghosts.

PigPen5150
11-06-2004, 12:47 PM
When I worked at a Chrysler dealer, we had quite a few problems with body computers and "ghosts". Along with the infamous ghost wiping on the Caravans and such

HemiLover
01-10-2005, 10:34 AM
I have a 2004 1500 SLT Quad Hemi with about 1400 miles when the first horn event occurred. I walked out to the parking lot after leaving work to find the horn stuck on. Not beeping, just a continuous beeeeeep. The only thing that would turn the horn off was to remove the fuse. After about 15 minutes, I decided to put the fuse back and all seemed back to normal. The truck sat outside after arriving home for about 2 hours and then the horn started blaring again...and again I removed the fuse. The dealer said it had something to do with ?Ghosts? and decided the clock spring needed replacing. Replacement of the clock spring did not fix the problem. So....they want to run an electrical diagnostics on the truck and need it back for a day. Any suggestions as to the cause and fix for this problem?

HemiLover
01-26-2005, 09:27 AM
Ok, here was the cause. The horn/airbag pad switch was defective from the manufacture. It was replaced under warranty.

Add your comment to this topic!