Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

IWC: New/More mods for Civic forums

GScivic7
11-04-2004, 03:17 PM
With the separation of the forums there seems to be more traffic on this site, which is really nice. However, there is a lack of moderatorship on these boards and has been for a while now.

The only mods we have are CivicSiRacer, KrNxRaCer00, 94SolGrl. They are all really great, but CivicSiRacer doesn't seem to be on that often, KrNxRaCer00 is MIA (I think he was shipped out again), and 94SolGrl has not made an appearance since the Civic and Del Sol forums were split again. And it seems that CivicSiRacer doesn't have jurisdiction in the 96-00 and 01+ forums.

There have been a number of threads that I believe should have been shut down way before it became 5, 6, 7 pages long, and the forums could use some organizing.

Hopefully we'll get some new mods in here that can dedicate some time to the site and clean things up a bit.

Ace$nyper
11-04-2004, 03:40 PM
I dont think its a bad idea at all.
Infact I agree with you. I have a real doubt that i'd be modded but if so i'm up for it. I think if we can think of some people the Current mods and Adimn to look at for possible Modship would be a good idea.

Beastiek2
11-04-2004, 03:42 PM
I agree, and I have a few people in mind who would be good for this sort of thing. I had emailed one of our mods KRNRACER regarding the process in which you get selected to do the job. I wasnt sure if it was seperate mods for each gen since the forums was split. If that were the case i'd want to be one over in 7th gen I had told him but I had yet to get a response or see him posting on here. More mods would be great tho, since they are so abscent in our forums.

GScivic7
11-04-2004, 03:46 PM
My plan was once/if we get the OK, I'll start a new thread in each forum asking for nominations for mods. Then start another thread in each forum with a poll of the nominees and vote and present it to the admins and nominees to make sure they are up for it.

Beastiek2
11-04-2004, 03:53 PM
Thats going to get crazy if we open a thread with everyone posting in it for mod nominations. I think the mod canidates should be thought out by people like u 2 above for example, then displayed to everyone else to vote on. The opinions that matter are those in the honda forum who have years and experience here not noobs and less frequent visitors.

Ace$nyper
11-04-2004, 03:54 PM
My plan was once/if we get the OK, I'll start a new thread in each forum asking for nominations for mods. Then start another thread in each forum with a poll of the nominees and vote and present it to the admins and nominees to make sure they are up for it.
okie dokie! I hope the mods will see how we are willing to put some work into this and we really want this and will back us.

GScivic7
11-04-2004, 03:58 PM
Thats going to get crazy if we open a thread with everyone posting in it for mod nominations. I think the mod canidates should be thought out by people like u 2 above for example, then displayed to everyone else to vote on. The opinions that matter are those in the honda forum who have years and experience here not noobs and less frequent visitors.
Here's the thing though, by nature, if we nominate people for mods, it's going to be people who we like that maybe not everyone else likes. Ricochet for example. I think he would be a great mod, but the newbies that have come across him hate him lol. It would just be better to have everyone on the site nominate people, it'd be most fair that way.

Ace$nyper
11-04-2004, 04:02 PM
Here's the thing though, by nature, if we nominate people for mods, it's going to be people who we like that maybe not everyone else likes. Ricochet for example. I think he would be a great mod, but the newbies that have come across him hate him lol. It would just be better to have everyone on the site nominate people, it'd be most fair that way.
I agree I think everyone should have a voice to who the would like. Maybe we could do it 2 times kinda like a primaries ?

so every can speak and only resaonalbe canidates can be modded.

Beastiek2
11-04-2004, 04:07 PM
I agree I think everyone should have a voice to who the would like. Maybe we could do it 2 times kinda like a primaries ?

so every can speak and only resaonalbe canidates can be modded.

I agree with both of ya especially on that Ricocchet part. If this goes through I guess we'll see what everyone thinks, and have to weed through the nonscence.

CivicSpoon
11-04-2004, 04:07 PM
I think it's a good idea :bigthumb:

Ace$nyper
11-04-2004, 04:11 PM
I agree with both of ya especially on that Ricocchet part. If this goes through I guess we'll see what everyone thinks, and have to weed through the nonscence.
you bring him up but not me do I gotta start drinking before I post again ?

Dont tell me i'm that chilled out now :lol2:

Beastiek2
11-04-2004, 04:14 PM
you bring him up but not me do I gotta start drinking before I post again ?

Dont tell me i'm that chilled out now :lol2:

LOL we all have our moments

need_fast_civic
11-04-2004, 05:13 PM
i think Ricochet is just k, he is funny... sarcastic and mean... but funny HA HA

Good idea to have more mods by the way!

Miataracer
11-04-2004, 05:19 PM
i like the idea. i wouldn't mind being a mod but i doubt enough people on here would vote for me

either way, i like the idea

need_fast_civic
11-04-2004, 05:23 PM
You've got your first vote right here!

97CivicX
11-04-2004, 06:40 PM
great idea. i think we should have an open topic where people can nominate and give reasons. then have a separate topic for just voting on the top few people.

GScivic7
11-04-2004, 06:46 PM
That's actually my plan, I go over all of that stuff on the first page of this thread.

Ace$nyper
11-04-2004, 06:49 PM
Ace$nyper 04!

lol
I hope that the idea gets OKed and we can get some new/more mods

Greenblurr93
11-04-2004, 07:18 PM
Heck, i wouldnt mind being one either, i spend almost all my time on this site while im at work, but whatever, prolly wont happen, oh well i think Ace and Ric would both make good Mods.

ridestreet84
11-05-2004, 10:01 AM
im with you ace you got my vot so does ric

hmotorpimpn05
11-05-2004, 07:20 PM
i think that more mods would be a great idea

Ricochet
11-06-2004, 02:23 AM
Ricochet for example. I think he would be a great mod, but the newbies that have come across him hate him lol.
sup homies i just got a 93 civic with a cold air intake and their websyte sayz it addz 25 horsepowa and my bro'z alwayz talkin like his porsche is the shit. y'allz think i could take him if i getz an exhaust to add another 25? maybe some nawz on top of it, i really wanna shut his mouth for good y0.
I hope your next breath is filled with toxic acid.

I just happen to get to them first.

snowman2005
11-06-2004, 09:50 AM
I just happen to get to them first.
nice.
when are u guys planning to start this nomination thread

Schister66
11-06-2004, 01:21 PM
Hey i know its off topic, but how do you get the animations and the pictures to come up on your replies?? I want to have a pic of my car or something, but don't exactly know how to do it. can someone email me w/ an answer please! schister66@yahoo.com

Ace$nyper
11-07-2004, 03:20 PM
im with you ace you got my vot so does ric
:)

Thank you sir

Ricochet
11-07-2004, 03:47 PM
Hey i know its off topic, but how do you get the animations and the pictures to come up on your replies?? I want to have a pic of my car or something, but don't exactly know how to do it. can someone email me w/ an answer please! schister66@yahoo.com
Of all the hundreds of forums to ask this, you post it in a thread where we're talking about wanting new moderators. What the fuck is wrong with you? If a group of people were hanging around their cars talking about distributors, would you walk up and ask how the miami dolphins are playing this year? No.

snowman2005
11-07-2004, 06:06 PM
u do get to them first

Beastiek2
11-07-2004, 06:42 PM
Surprised no mods have stepped in here yet.

GScivic7
11-07-2004, 07:33 PM
nice.
when are u guys planning to start this nomination thread
whenever the admins give us the okay for new mods.

Shortbus
11-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Surprised no mods have stepped in here yet.

You really need to email or PM aves911 or igor@af with your request(s)

crazy_canuck
12-01-2004, 06:41 PM
I've tried PM'ing KrNxRACER and without avail. I've also never seen him post for the last year in some of his forums that he mods (cough cough RSX). From my point of few the Civic, RSX, and a few other Honda forums need more mods.

CivicSpoon
12-02-2004, 12:23 AM
We're getting 3 more mods for the Civic forums. The admin (can't remember his name at the moment, I apologise)just have to set everything up. We'll all know soon who they are.

Add your comment to this topic!