Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

s-10 fuel pumps

boogman42
11-04-2004, 02:52 PM
i have a friend with a 95 4-cyl that won't start cause fuel pump never stops.have heard this story before with s-10 6cyl.he put new pump,even ecm,well computer if that the same?(under glove box).been chasing wires and sensors to see if bad connections,no luck.any suggestions?

busa_4
11-04-2004, 03:53 PM
the fuel pump doesnt shut off? or the fuel pump doesnt turn on? did you check the fuel pump relay?

not_mine
11-04-2004, 10:25 PM
check the PSI?

9 oz" productions
11-07-2004, 11:12 AM
it has to be the relay because its getting power to turn on so the fuse isnt on and thats the next thing inline to have any affect on the voltage.

rrzimmer
11-11-2004, 07:08 AM
I have scanner with repair track and this problem was in it. They said it was your oil pressure switch for your backup fuel system. It is located behind your distributor. They said what happen is it shorts out. This pressure switch is not the same one for you instrument gage. Good luck.it has to be the relay because its getting power to turn on so the fuse isnt on and thats the next thing inline to have any affect on the voltage.
:)

not_mine
11-11-2004, 05:57 PM
I have scanner with repair track and this problem was in it. They said it was your oil pressure switch for your backup fuel system. It is located behind your distributor. They said what happen is it shorts out. This pressure switch is not the same one for you instrument gage. Good luck.
:)

Good one!

rrzimmer
11-12-2004, 09:33 AM
Good one!
I just looked up the wire diagram for the fuel system and the back up fuel system which is the oil pressure switch has its own voltage path to the fuel pump. Thats why the fuel pump cont. to run after you turn the key off. This repair track I use has been right everytime I had problems. This oil pressure switch shouldn't cost but maybe $40.00 tops from the dealer. Who knows maybe you can get the dealer to replace it for free.

cc0701
01-16-2005, 11:47 AM
We are having a problem with the fuel pump also. We installed a new one but there is still not power going to it. could someone send me a fuel pump diagram?

Add your comment to this topic!