Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Major Brake Problems

jbfs187
11-04-2004, 01:33 AM
Troubleshooting brakes are not a good field for me. My rear brakes don't work. I've replaced my front twice over the past 3 years and my rear shoes still look the same, (1/2 WORE). TO TOP IT OFF, Today I started to replace my front again and I noticed that my passenger side pads are still good, (only 1/4 WORE). The front drivers side pads are wore completely. I'm going to bleed all lines tomarrow. I've bled the rear before, when I first noticed a problem with them, and it didn't help. Anyone have comments or suggestions?

Ofnarcr
11-04-2004, 03:19 PM
Wow, i dont know.
All i know is on my car, my rear brakes arent working very well. Before i changed the brakes i could put the e-brake on while parked and it would have major trouble moving. Now afterward, i can move almost freely with the e-brake all the way down(it would'nt even go all the way down before). Please, someone reply to these two post we needs helps.

bhutata
11-07-2004, 11:46 PM
Front brakes do most of the work and are naturally going to wear faster on any car. My father was the original owner of my '90 Olds 98 Touring Sedan and his factory rear brake shoes lasted 120,000 miles, but he'd replaced the fronts a couple times by then. Now the car is at 232,000 and is only on it's third set of rear shoes.

jbfs187
11-08-2004, 11:44 AM
Yeah but, I know mine aren't working right because they haven't wore-down at all in 3 YEARS. I think it's my master cylinder. But I want to know for sure before I spend that much $$$$.

Add your comment to this topic!