Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Steerin Wheels Shakes...

KEiTHo
02-22-2002, 03:27 AM
my steering wheels shakes vigorously when i brake usually from high speeds.... like exiting from the freeway... i have no idea why? warped rotors? maybe something more serious?... help me out...

Integra-F20C
02-22-2002, 07:02 AM
ur wheels are unbalanced..or one of the lug nuts on one of the alloy wheels is too much tighter then the others..take it to the tyre shop and tell them..they'll probably balance ur tyres!..or at least have a solution!

97teg
02-22-2002, 02:34 PM
I had the same problem, it just needed new brake pads for the front. I know it might sound like that couldn't fix the shaking, but it does. Dont go out and spend big bucks on something it doesnt need. Just make sure you go to honda to get the brake pads.

G_racer
02-23-2002, 01:59 AM
i have the exact same problem, but i guess i didnt realize it was a problem til now.

Speechless
02-23-2002, 11:00 AM
Definitely sounds like warped rotors.

Go to your shop and suggest that they machine the rotors.
If that's not the problem, they'll be sure to tell you, but if it is,
then that's a minor problem and machining them is the least expensive
solution.

I'm almost certain that's what it is.

And 97teg, don't be so sure. They coulda told you your brake pads needed to be replaced just to suck more money out of a potentially inexpensive repair.

97teg
02-23-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Speechless
And 97teg, don't be so sure. They coulda told you your brake pads needed to be replaced just to suck more money out of a potentially inexpensive repair. [/B]

I was told this by my friend who had the same problem with his honda. He wasnt trying to suck the money from me. Brake pads are less expensive that resurfacing the rotors. I also thought it was warped rotors and thought that i needed to resurface them. But after I got new brake pads the problem was completely fixed. I'm not saying it is definitely your problem, but I was saying not to get your tires realigned because that is not the problem.

KEiTHo
02-23-2002, 06:34 PM
well... i bought some performace rotors and new brake pads and the problems was fixed...

Speechless
02-24-2002, 09:04 AM
Well there ya go.

My G2's rotors seem to get warped all the time and rather quickly.

What kind did you get? x-drilled? slotted? both?

I think I need to invest in a good set myself.

KEiTHo
02-25-2002, 12:54 AM
i got a set of Powerstop cross drilled rotors... braking feels soo much smoother now hahah

Speechless
02-25-2002, 12:22 PM
Trust me, I know how much warped rotors can really degrade ride quality and how good it feels when they are repaired/replaced.
Almost like having a new car again.

Add your comment to this topic!