Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Check Engine Light and ABS Light!?!?!

Lychus
11-03-2004, 06:39 PM
What's up guys. Maybe you guys can tell me what the problem is and how much i should be charged for the job. Basically my check engine light comes on almost instantly after i turn the car on. It pisses me off cause once its on it kills my V-tec and it usually happens when i want to race. If i turn the car on and off enough times it goes away but now lately it doesnt go away at all and i refuse to damage my starter just to get rid of the check engine light. Also my ABS light goes on. But my breaks dont do anything weird, no noises orweird movements. Any ideas!?!?

JDM00CivicEX
11-08-2004, 09:31 PM
first thing you might wanna try is resetting the ecu. disconnect your negative battery terminal for about 2mins, then reconnect and start your car and see what happens. if same thing happens, then take it to autozone and have them run an OBDII test on it. its free.

sivic02
11-10-2004, 12:22 PM
on most cars you can connect 2 pins from the ecu and turn the key and the check engine light will blink out codes, i have no clue which pins to connect on your car but you might be able to call honda and find out. But if autozone does it for free then id say go with it.

Poison Rice
11-11-2004, 12:45 AM
I an tell you if its an older car, like my 89 AstroVan (fuel injec) Its the top right. put the pins in and it will give a "12" code twice then the real code. Get a pen and paper ready.

integrawhat
11-17-2004, 12:12 AM
you can check the codes yourself with the connecting pins thing^^^ if its obdI 96 and older dont no what u drive but on the 3rd gen teg's it under the dash pass side. haynes has a mnual for engine trouble code that will tell you everything for every car

Add your comment to this topic!