Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Installing header on 4th gen

Rusted_Nailz
02-22-2002, 01:28 AM
does anyone have a how-to on installing EX headers into my LX? I know the os2 sensor has to be relocated or sumthin like that, but i need step-by-step on how to actually remove the old header and put on the new header.

twizzaut
02-22-2002, 01:01 PM
will an EX header work on an LX? :rolleyes:

Protek
02-22-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by twizzaut
will an EX header work on an LX? :rolleyes:

Im pretty sure it would. And according to one of my other postes youll get about 5 extra ponies. Im gonna go junk yard shopping this weekend.

beastfromeast
02-23-2002, 11:25 AM
Go see the 92lx engine post and you'll see that it won't give you nothing at all.

Peace y'all, Raph...

Protek
02-25-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by beastfromeast
Go see the 92lx engine post and you'll see that it won't give you nothing at all.

Peace y'all, Raph...

Yea dude.

accordGirL91
02-25-2002, 10:33 PM
are you talking about real headers or a exhaust manifold??

If I was you I would just wait and save up the money and replace the the stock exhaust manifold with a real header. Just my thought on the whole thing. Most new headers come with instructions.

It's not that hard to install headers on the accord. Jack up the car. Just remove all the bolts that are holding the heat sheld on. Be careful and remove the O2 sensor. then remove all the bolts that are on the block and the lower bolts to the B-pipe. remove the bolt for the B-pipe that are connected to the Cat. Remove this and replace the gaskets and re-install just as you removed.

ACCORDLVR
02-26-2002, 02:45 AM
it's a 4-cyl right? "header" not plural.

Add your comment to this topic!