Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

whats vtec

3.1zxt
11-02-2004, 10:13 PM
people say that the vtec kicks in a a certain rpm what is vtec mean is it something special or just a name for the engine.

CivicSpoon
11-02-2004, 10:43 PM
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77265
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question229.htm

RSX-S777
11-03-2004, 06:49 PM
vtec is automotive deliciousness...

Now ask about i-vtec. :biggrin:

Basic honda vtec consists of a hydraulically actuated/controlled pin used to link adjacent rocker arms, each with different profile cam lobes. These would normally operate independently, but can now operate as one unit.

got v-tec?
11-03-2004, 07:18 PM
http://www.honda-marine.com/video/VTEC.wmv

best example

95dxcivic
11-06-2004, 12:51 AM
whats vtec

HAHAHAHAHAHA!:lol:

got v-tec?
11-06-2004, 01:45 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!:lol:
got to learn sometime. its better to learn what it really is than make up what you think it is or does.

ive heard some funny ideas on what some people think vtec is.

95dxcivic
11-11-2004, 04:41 PM
got to learn sometime. its better to learn what it really is than make up what you think it is or does.

ive heard some funny ideas on what some people think vtec is.

Stil, a quick search on yahoo or google could have gotten him his answer faster and with no BS from people who "think" they know what it is. I'm not talking about you guys but there is a possibility some idiot will.

civicrida2000
11-12-2004, 08:59 AM
yeah i totally agree hes gotta learn sometime

95dxcivic
11-17-2004, 12:17 AM
yeah i totally agree hes gotta learn sometime

Yeah, you guys are right, I had to ask that at some point in my life as well.

Actually, I searched yahoo and got my answer.:iceslolan

tomsindahizouse
11-24-2004, 10:52 PM
I hope "got v-tec?" made the spelling of his name as a joke, otherwise he shouldnt't be laughing. If so heres one back at you.

HA HA HA

disregard that last comment if it was indeed a joke.

CRX VTEC TURBO
12-03-2004, 01:15 PM
man the dude with the 95 dx civic, what a car.....if anyone should do any laughing it should be at the looks of that thing....i thought we were supposed to actually modify our cars??

CivicSpoon
12-03-2004, 03:29 PM
What the hell are you talking about? Are you refering to 95DXCivic's pic in his signature? If you are then you're a moron. From that pic it looks clean as hell. Is he supposed to rice it out with vinyl and APC stickers, angel eye projector headlights, flashing winshield sprayer things? Not everyone is into making their car look like a piece of sh*t. Just shut your mouth ricer boy.

95dxcivic
12-03-2004, 11:07 PM
man the dude with the 95 dx civic, what a car.....if anyone should do any laughing it should be at the looks of that thing....i thought we were supposed to actually modify our cars??

who said we were actually suppose to modify our cars?:screwy: I love my car the way it is and i wouldnt trade it for anything else unless it was like a jdm integra type-r or something. But even then, i would buy another eg coupe later on.:iceslolan

95dxcivic
12-03-2004, 11:10 PM
What the hell are you talking about? Are you refering to 95DXCivic's pic in his signature? If you are then you're a moron. From that pic it looks clean as hell. Is he supposed to rice it out with vinyl and APC stickers, angel eye projector headlights, flashing winshield sprayer things? Not everyone is into making their car look like a piece of sh*t. Just shut your mouth ricer boy.

thanks man:smokin: this guy is obviously a ricer. Appreciate it. thanks

drumpet15
12-04-2004, 03:08 PM

What the fu*k??? That's all I gotta say, man. Why don't you get off your computer, go to Wal-Mart, buy some more neons, and install them on your "cool" car?!?

CivicSpoon
12-04-2004, 04:06 PM
No prob man. This is the first time in a long time that I've heard someone get bashed for not "pimping" their ride. Probably just some stupid high school kid who doesn't know shit about cars other than making it look fast. Not that all high school kids are like that by any means, but the majority are. It's not like there is even a pic of what's under your hood or anything, so for all he knows your car could have a ITR/ turbo in it and do 10's in the ¼. Some people...

RSX-S777
12-04-2004, 09:53 PM
How much hp does the kid on the hood add?

CRX VTEC TURBO
12-05-2004, 10:20 PM
neons? stickers? no?? I didnt think thats what you boys would call modifications.

CRX VTEC TURBO
12-05-2004, 10:37 PM
check my gallery and see how many stickers and neons I have.

plus......my name don't lie....thas modifying.

peace.

CRX VTEC TURBO
12-05-2004, 10:41 PM
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/265647diesel_honda_01451.JPG

CivicSpoon
12-05-2004, 11:39 PM
You're missing the point. You're talking shit even though you don't know what HE has under his hood. Wow you have a body kit and rims, and that's all that can be seen. You can't see a turbo kit in your pic, so how does anyone know you have any modifications other than your body kit? Do you comprehend what I'm saying? Maybe you didn't realize this but not everyone likes body kits, or consider them a big modification worth mentioning. Ever heard of a thing called "sleeper"? Apparently not. I'm not saying you're car doesn't look nice, because I think it does. Infact that's one of the nicest body kits I've seen on a CRX. But to talk shit because someone decided to go a different way, looks wise, than you is just plain ignorant. So just take your shit elsewhere jackass.

EBD
12-06-2004, 12:13 AM
is a SOHC engine so different from the SOHC Vtec engine. Meaning does the Vtec extremely out perform the SOHC engines?

stock...the HP and Torque seem to not be that much of a dramatic differense...

just wondering cause i have a SOHC... :rolleyes:

CivicSpoon
12-06-2004, 12:43 PM
No, the vtec SOHC engines (specifically the d16z6, jdm d15b, and the d16y8) only have around 19 more hp than the other base engine D-series. Now if it was a DOHC vtec then it'd be quite a difference from a non-vtec SOHC D-series. But I'm also assuming you're talking about motors from the same family (D's, B's, F's, K's).

CRX VTEC TURBO
12-06-2004, 04:51 PM

Am I still a ricer? haha

CRX VTEC TURBO
12-06-2004, 04:55 PM
Plus I know these "sleepers" you speak of...i whoop their ass all the time...these hatchbacks just can't seem to quite be able to keep up with the turbocharged crx...haha, it gets me everytime....you think that if you leave your car alone and be a "sleeper" that you'll beat people like me that has put 15 thousand dollars plus into their cars......i dont think that 15k = ricer either boys....when you develop a car that is worthy to sit next to mine then you can respond..

Greenblurr93
12-06-2004, 05:20 PM
the term "ricer" isnt really the way u mod ur car, its the personality of the driver in it... and u my friend, have a picture perfect "ricer" personality....

CivicSpoon
12-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Plus I know these "sleepers" you speak of...
you think that if you leave your car alone and be a "sleeper" that you'll beat people like me that has put 15 thousand dollars plus into their cars...
You are a moron. Clearly you DON'T know what a sleeper is. A sleeper is not a stock car performance wise. A sleeper is a fast car that looks stock on the outside. But i'm glad you pride yourself on beating stock Civics, you must be proud or yourself.

CRX VTEC TURBO
12-06-2004, 08:57 PM
now ricer is the personality of the driver inside? wtf dude? hahaha

CRX VTEC TURBO
12-06-2004, 08:59 PM
Is he supposed to rice it out with vinyl and APC stickers, angel eye projector headlights, flashing winshield sprayer things?

"rice" it out....but i thought ricers referred to the personality of the driver inside, or does it mean stickers or neons or what ever else stupidity you guys talk about?? haha im confused

EBD
12-06-2004, 09:09 PM
vtec this........

http://img99.exs.cx/img99/665/u8r6699.th.jpg (http://img99.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img99&image=u8r6699.jpg)

RSX-S777
12-06-2004, 09:29 PM
Christ, would I love to meet up with your CRX and blow your fucking doors off... :lol:

CivicSpoon, you're wasting your time- he obviously lacks the mental capacity to understand such a seemingly complex argument as this. :grinno:

95dxcivic
12-06-2004, 10:33 PM
I think thats enough, i didnt wanna cause a whole page of argument just through my......... hey, wait a minute, he started it, hell, argue all you guys want, i have no problem. But i do have something i wanna say, that crx is a waste of a car except for the performance mods, they look so sweet stock, oh and btw, i did post a pic of my engine bay once, i'll post it the link. The pictures include some ricey wheel covers and mats, but trust me, i didnt want them, read the post about the steering wheel in the thread.

95dxcivic
12-06-2004, 10:49 PM
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=294856

Ace$nyper
12-06-2004, 11:02 PM
"rice" it out....but i thought ricers referred to the personality of the driver inside, or does it mean stickers or neons or what ever else stupidity you guys talk about?? haha im confused
your confused thats not to much a surprize to me. I'm sorry that you think your fulgy car seems to give you a reason to bother the good members of AF.

I would like to give you some hints about this site fucktards like you arn't welcomed and normally dont last to long. Its a good thing as we here dont normally enjoy having the bottom feeders of the foodchain post.

Where are the hints you ask? I'm not giving a cumdumpster like you any other then drink whats under the sink.

CRX VTEC TURBO
12-10-2004, 09:41 AM
yeah you guys are right, its a stock engine.....we ought to meet up sometime, and race....just for fun =] when i shift and stuff, you are prolly going to be wondering what kind of stock engine makes a psshh sound.....hahahahaha, ya'll are prolly the kind that say "hey dude whats wrong with your car" when u hear the blow off....itll be ok. =]

CRX VTEC TURBO
12-10-2004, 09:58 AM
well ive seen it all now in those pictures.....instead of for fun we can go for pink slips...after i win i'll drive your car the way it should be driven...all the way to the junkyard.

95dxcivic
12-10-2004, 08:32 PM
whatever man, i dont care about what you have to say anymore, i mean, where is arguing on the net going to take us, just keep it cool, your ride is not ugly, i just like the stock look of crx's, i'll calm down if you do as well. if not, then i'll just let you argue to yourself because i'm not coming to read this thread anymore

-late-

klone420
12-10-2004, 10:06 PM
VTEC: Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control, all that a VTEC does is give each cam two profiles & rpms to shift from one profile to the other. Fuel economy (normal driving)&power(pedel to the metal)shifts&6000rpms

RSX-S777
12-10-2004, 10:38 PM
yeah you guys are right, its a stock engine.....we ought to meet up sometime, and race....just for fun =] when i shift and stuff, you are prolly going to be wondering what kind of stock engine makes a psshh sound.....hahahahaha, ya'll are prolly the kind that say "hey dude whats wrong with your car" when u hear the blow off....itll be ok. =]

I'd race you for pinks, for sure. Then you could explain the scary mysteries of turbo to me while I pushed my new trophy CRX off the nearest cliff. I'll even give you a ride home. I'll talk serious shit about what I have under my hood the whole way... :wink:

CivicSpoon
12-10-2004, 11:11 PM
I'd race you for pinks, for sure. Then you could explain the scary mysteries of turbo to me while I pushed my new trophy CRX off the nearest cliff. I'll even give you a ride home. I'll talk serious shit about what I have under my hood the whole way... :wink:
Oh Sh*t! :owned:

CRX VTEC TURBO
12-11-2004, 11:56 AM
im not afraid of any rsx either pal.
peace

RSX-S777
12-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Please... :rolleyes:

95dxcivic
12-13-2004, 01:09 AM
im not afraid of any rsx either pal.
peace

i know i said i wasnt going to come back but i couldnt help it, you should just best be quiet, everyone on here is against you, go ahead and loose the respect you have if you have any by arguing with some of the top members from the honda forums, i'm not reffering to myself i mean members like civicspoon and ace$snyper. Actually, they are the ones i know because they are mostly in the 92-95 forums. But still, why do you want people to dislike you.

Ace$nyper
12-15-2004, 06:48 PM
i know i said i wasnt going to come back but i couldnt help it, you should just best be quiet, everyone on here is against you, go ahead and loose the respect you have if you have any by arguing with some of the top members from the honda forums, i'm not reffering to myself i mean members like civicspoon and ace$snyper. Actually, they are the ones i know because they are mostly in the 92-95 forums. But still, why do you want people to dislike you.
me a top member wow i'm honored most ppl just throw broken glass at me :screwy:

yes i'd be glad to race your pop bottled boosted motor i really doubt you'll EVER touch my bracket car or granted if that car you claim is realy you'd even run with my hatch.

you touch yourself at night and we all know it.

Ones&zeros
12-15-2004, 11:23 PM
http://www.honda-marine.com/video/VTEC.wmv

best example
that kinda answers a few questions.

Miataracer
12-15-2004, 11:26 PM
that is enough arguing

Add your comment to this topic!