Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 1.8t jetta starting problems

jetta rich
11-01-2004, 07:08 PM
I have a 2002 1.8t jetta and when i go to start it acts like the battery is going down i checked the battery and the eye is a green can be any other suggestions it just seem like it has a bad battery please advise...

jeffrey0707
11-01-2004, 08:15 PM
A battery typically has a limited life, so it could be your battery. A quick test to perform without getting your hands dirty is to start your car with your high beams on. If the lights go completely out then chances are your battery is weak. You could also bring it to Sears or some other auto part store they will check it for free. You might also want them to check your alternator as a precaution as it may not be transmitting enough charge to your battery. Hope this helps and happy driving.....

boschmann
11-03-2004, 06:07 PM
The lights are designed to go out during cranking, it called load reduction. Any larger parts supplier like Autozone will check the battery for free, just be careful, they are in the business of selling parts.... Maybe it's better to take it by a reputable repair shop.

Samurai75007
11-06-2004, 10:55 PM
About a week or two ago I went to start my 01 1.8T and it cranked then turned off. And now again today it did the same thing. I don’t know if it was from being tired still and not holding the clutch all the way down or if it’s the battery. Ill check the battery and cables at work Monday but I don’t know... I hope it is that but I thought I had it in neutral.

rydinturbo
11-11-2004, 07:51 PM
jetta rich what is your name i tink i know u

Add your comment to this topic!