Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HELP! 1991 Isuzu Rodeo Overheating Problem

scott4544
10-31-2004, 05:27 PM
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

I really need some help ASAP. So, any suggestions would be handy! Here is my problem...My 1991 Isuzu Rodeo is overheating. My radiator is pushing all the fluid into the overflow tank and not taking any fluid back into the system until I turn on the A/C. Once the A/C is on the fluid in the overflow tank seems to go back into the radiator. I have had the head casket changed but think it may have blow again (white smoke coming from the exhaust for the first 2-3 minutes of driving). I have flushed the system, changed the fluid, changed the thermostat, and the radiator cap, but still have the same problem (excess fluid being lost). I have also changed the upper hose but the lower hose seems a little bit "spongy". When I run the system (radiator cap off) I can see the fluid moving through the system but with a trace of white foam or bubbles (sometimes). Additionally, after the engine has been running for about 15 minutes the upper hose is hot but the lower hose is warm. Perhaps the system is still clogged? I was thinking the system had an air pocket but don’t know now. When I increase the RPMs the fluid drops in the radiator and after I decrease the RPMs the fluid raised back to the top to the radiator and starts to overflows out of the top of the radiator. I really love this SUV but am losing patience with the whole process. I just don’t know what I can do or how to fix it the problem. Soooooo, any suggestions would be GREAT. Is the whole system just plugged and do I need to replace the whole radiator? Thanks in advance and look forward to any suggestions.

Scott

fredjacksonsan
11-05-2004, 11:12 AM
On several posts on other forums, they had the same problem and it turned out to be that the radiator was not flowing 100%.

Might want to take the veh to have the radiator checked out/flushed. Or you could just replace it and never have to worry about it again.

fredjacksonsan
11-05-2004, 11:19 AM
I'd also check the thermostat.....

Add your comment to this topic!