Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Any Suggestion on Performance Mods for Tiburon?

JBT3
10-31-2004, 10:28 AM
I have a 2003 Tiburon, and would like to know if you guys got any suggested performance mods out there that are not to expensive and where to find them.

I was thinking of getting Injen CAI and a turbo charge for her. Good? Bad?

ChadEbert
10-31-2004, 10:58 AM
I looked at the turbos and wasn't impressed much. I put an Alpine supercharger on mine, and a borla cat back exhaust system and those two things alone make it a total neck snapper.

Go to www.sharkracing.com they have some cool stuff, mixed reviews on their stuff, however. I've never personally ordered anything off there, so no first hand experience.

Good luck.

nisco
10-31-2004, 11:09 PM
I have a 2003 Tiburon, and would like to know if you guys got any suggested performance mods out there that are not to expensive and where to find them.

I was thinking of getting Injen CAI and a turbo charge for her. Good? Bad?
...check the stickied thread... it has everything you need... :sunglasse

JBT3
11-01-2004, 09:52 PM
I would like to be able to get a super charger, but I am sorta strapped for cash right now. A turbo is more in my price range and so is nitrice but I frown heavily on nitrice.

So im still looking at turbos, cold air intake CAI, and direct air chargers DAC. If you guys know any great sites with cheap deals that would help me alot. Thanks

twospirits
11-01-2004, 11:11 PM
Like nisco said, check out his list (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=271281).

TS out

nisco
11-02-2004, 11:41 PM
I would like to be able to get a super charger, but I am sorta strapped for cash right now. A turbo is more in my price range and so is nitrice but I frown heavily on nitrice.

So im still looking at turbos, cold air intake CAI, and direct air chargers DAC. If you guys know any great sites with cheap deals that would help me alot. Thanks
... any turbo ive seen for the tib costs more ... much more than any of teh s/c'sout there...
and if you want to go turbo... you wont need a cai or an aftermarket exhaust
so you better make up your mind... n/a.... super charger or turbo?...

Chuki_breath
11-05-2004, 08:29 PM
lol my friend dealt with sharkracing alot...they have good service he spent so much they just started giving him free shit...minor lil stuff but still its kinda cool (like switch blade keys wahahaha funny but still tite for a free gift). But its funny how you said non expensive upgrades then you directly list turbo lol just humored me.

JBT3
11-09-2004, 12:02 PM
I'm so happy that i'm able to humor you guys. I'm looking for a decent turbo around $800-$1000 if thats possible. I checked out nisco's list and found a free turbo at http://www.kspec.com/list.php?ac_id=85&ai_id=363? This is probally like those $50 lambo doors, but if you guys know what the deal with that is please inform me.

If you think I should get something else besides a turbo since i'm strapped for cash please tell me and around how much.

JBT3
11-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Oh yea, I got a 2003 gt v6 and would like her to have 250 hp! Thats my goal! :jump3:

tibby01
11-09-2004, 09:46 PM
that says zero on the kspec store because you have to email them for orders that big.

for the v6, you wont be able to get to 250 with 1k. not even with junkyard parts.

i dont know specific parts(nisco will help), but i can give you a list with approx. prices.....

cold air intake....200
exhaust....400
headers....300
bored intake manifold...500
bored throttle body....300

that should help get you started.

nisco
11-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Oh yea, I got a 2003 gt v6 and would like her to have 250 hp! Thats my goal! :jump3:
yeah with 1g... you can get an exhaust... cai.... maybe headers and some ignition wires/ ground wires/ whatever wires...
to get to 250
best route (most known) will be nxt gen's stage 2 alpine super charger kit.... youll need more cash...
moddin a tib isnt cheap.. but teh delta responds really well with mods...

Rickna
12-11-2004, 05:29 PM
I have done AEM CAI with K&N Filter, Borla Cat-Back exhaust, HostShot Headers, Alpine Stage1 SuperCharger, Magnecor Wires, NGK Iridum Plugs, Oil Catch Can (PCV Bypass), Alpine Polyurethane Front Motor Mount, Smith's Racing Infinity 17x7.5 Wheels with Toyo Proxes FZ4 225-45/ZR17, Rotora Stainless Steel Brake Lines (front & rear) and Progress Anti-Sway Bar (rear) with Energy Suspension polyurethane greaseable bushings. And that's just performance mods...

Xorro2k
02-28-2005, 03:42 AM
I have done...Alpine Polyurethane Front Motor Mount

Could you tell me where you got the poly motor mount from? I am looking for some for my gen1?

Thanks

Rickna
02-28-2005, 07:11 AM
Could you tell me where you got the poly motor mount from? I am looking for some for my gen1?

Thanks
Kspec.com (http://www.kspec.com)

Add your comment to this topic!